Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agree amount answer authority average believe billion Board bonds borrower capital Chairman PATMAN changes commercial banks Commission committee Congress cost course deal debt demand deposits desirable direct discussion economic effect employment expenditures fact Federal Reserve Federal Reserve Board feel follows FREEMAN funds give going Government growth House important income increase inflation institutions interest interest rates investment issues kind less loans long-term matter mean measures ment monetary policy Money and Credit objectives open market operations percent period present President problem production programs question rates reason recession recommendations reduce Representative reserve requirements result savings securities seems Senator Douglas Senator PROXMIRE stability statement structure suggest thing tion Treasury United WILDE
390. lappuse - State and local governments, to coordinate and utilize all its plans, functions, and resources for the purpose of creating and maintaining, in a manner calculated to foster and promote free competitive enterprise and the general welfare, conditions under which there will be afforded useful employment opportunities, including selfemployment, for those able, willing, and seeking to work, and to promote maximum employment, production, and purchasing power.
35. lappuse - We shall deal with our economic system as it is and as it may be modified, not as it might be if we had a clean sheet of paper to write upon; and step by step we shall make it what it should be...
473. lappuse - Accordingly, the Commission recommends that the Government Corporation Control Act of 1946 be amended so as to direct the Secretary of the Treasury, in the exercise of his clearance power over the issuance and sale of the securities of government-owned corporations, to take into account explicitly the full range of objectives of the Employment Act as amended, and not merely debt management considerations ; and that cases of disagreement be taken to the President.
32. lappuse - The Commission believes that the threat of a confidence crisis would be greatly reduced if it were generally recognized, both here and abroad, that all of the US gold is available to meet our international obligations. Any doubts about the US policy should be removed by elimination of the gold reserve requirement at the earliest convenient moment so that all of the US gold stock is available for international settlements.
467. lappuse - Discretionary fiscal policy requires speed of decision and effect and can only be successful if temporary and reversible fiscal changes for stabilization purposes are dissociated from permanent and structural changes. Techniques should be developed by which taxation and expenditure policies can be applied more flexibly, and the first step in this direction lies in a sharp demarcation between short-run cyclical changes and long-run structural changes.
470. lappuse - The Commission recommends that commercial banks- mutual savings banks and savings and loan associations be subjected to the Federal corporate income tax in such fashion as to contribute to capital and reserve adequacy and to insure competitive equality (to the extent that the Federal tax is a competitive factor).
467. lappuse - The Commission believes that a strengthening of the existing degree of built-in stabilization would be desirable. This increase cannot be provided to any significant degree by changes in the structure of taxes or expenditures of the conventional sort. A promising approach that merits detailed investigation is formula flexibility wherein changes in the first-bracket rate of the personal income tax would be made automatically in response to changes in appropriate economic...
62. lappuse - Commission recommends that bank supervisory functions of the Comptroller of the Currency and of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation be consolidated into the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
470. lappuse - The provisions of the National Banking Act should be revised so as to enable national banks to establish branches within "trading areas" irrespective of state laws, and state laws should be revised to provide corresponding privileges to state-chartered banks.