Proposed Revision and Codification of Title 16, United States Code, Entitled "Conservation and Reclamation."
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1954 - 674 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accept acquired acres additional administration agencies agreement amount applicable appropriated approved authorized boundaries buildings carry chapter charges Commission connection construction continuance as national contract cooperative corner Corporation cost deem determined district easements east effect enter established exchange facilities Federal feet fish funds Government half hundred improvements interest Interior irrigation issued jurisdiction lands lease license located maintenance ment meridian mile minutes monument national forests National Historical Park National Memorial National Monument National Park necessary northeast northwest officer operation otherwise payment permit person portion prescribe provisions purchase pursuant quarter section range rates reasonable reclamation regulations respect River roads rules and regulations Secretary of Agriculture Service situated southeast southwest quarter supplies System Territory thence north thereof thousand timber tion township United utility
392. lappuse - Any person who shall, without just cause, fail or refuse to attend and testify or to answer any lawful inquiry or to produce books, papers...
370. lappuse - Commission, there to produce records, if so ordered, or to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question ; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof. All process in any such case may be served in the judicial district whereof such person is an inhabitant or wherever he may be found or may be doing business.
338. lappuse - Commission will be best adapted to a comprehensive plan for improving or developing a waterway or waterways for the use or benefit of interstate or foreign commerce, for the improvement and utilization of waterpower development, and for other beneficial public uses, including recreational purposes...
372. lappuse - The Commission is authorized to appoint and fix the compensation of such officers, attorneys, examiners, and other experts as may be necessary for carrying out its functions under this Act, without regard to the provisions of other laws applicable to the employment and compensation of officers and employees of the United States...
4. lappuse - ... to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and the wildlife therein and to provide for the enjoyment of the same in such manner and by such means as will leave them unimpaired for the enjoyment of future generations.
369. lappuse - ... (b) For the purpose of any such investigation^ or any other proceeding under this title, any member of the Commission or any officer designated by it is empowered to administer oaths and affirmations, subpena witnesses, compel their attendance, take evidence, and require the production of any books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, or other records which the Commission deems relevant or material to the inquiry.
384. lappuse - Commission shall have, and it is hereby given, authority, either upon complaint or upon its own initiative without complaint, at once, and if it so orders without answer or other formal pleading by the interested carrier or carriers, but upon reasonable notice, to enter upon a hearing concerning the lawfulness of such rate...
374. lappuse - States, within any circuit wherein such person resides or has his principal place of business, or in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, by filing in such court, within sixty days after the entry of such order, a written petition praying that the order of the Commission be modified or set aside in whole or in part.
451. lappuse - ... transported into any State or Territory, or remaining therein for use, consumption, sale, or storage therein, shall upon arrival in such State or Territory be subject to the operation and effect of the laws of such State or Territory...
335. lappuse - Commission or its members in the conduct of their work, or for proper representation of the public interests in investigations made by it or cases or proceedings pending before it, whether at the Commission's own instance or upon complaint, or to appear for or represent the Commission in any case in court; and the expenses of such employment shall be paid out of the appropriation for the Commission.