Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Issues
Nova Publishers, 2002 - 150 lappuses
In spite of international terrorism, mid-eastern turmoil and pre-election political posturing, crime in America continues to thrive. This new book examines some of the signal issues of law enforcement as well as related criminal justice issues. Emphasis is placed on violence, racial profiling, RICO and self-incrimination issues.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Overview of Suggestions to Amend the Constitution
Legal and Constitutional Issues
National Public Opinion
Issues and Legislation
Background of the Controversy Over Pretrial Interrogation and SelfIncrimination
A Brief Sketch
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
2d Cir Abuse accused action activity agencies Amendment appear apply appropriations arrest assistance Attorney authorized bill cause Civil claims collection committed conduct confession Congress considered constitutional Control convicted crime criminal decision defendant Department determine district domestic violence Education effect enacted enterprise established evidence fact federal forfeiture fund grants held income increased individual interest interrogation issue Justice juvenile law enforcement LAW REVIEW legislation limited Michigan million Miranda notification obtained officers organizations pattern penalty person police predicate Prevention problem proceedings profiling programs proposed prosecution protection punishment questioning racial racketeering rape reasonable received registration relating remain request result RICO right to counsel rule Senate Services sex offenders statement statute stopped Supreme Court suspect Title trial trust fund United unlawful VAWA victims violation Violent Crime warnings women York
103. lappuse - It shall be unlawful for any person who has received any income derived, directly or indirectly, from a pattern of racketeering activity...
104. lappuse - It shall be unlawful for any person through a pattern of racketeering activity or through collection of an unlawful debt to acquire or maintain, directly or indirectly, any interest in or control of any enterprise which is engaged in, or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce.
122. lappuse - States (1) any interest he has acquired or maintained in violation of section 1962, and (2) any interest in, security of, claim against, or property or contractual right of any kind affording a source of influence over, any enterprise which he has established, operated, controlled, conducted, or participated in the conduct of, in violation of section 1962.
106. lappuse - Code, to use or invest, directly or indirectly, any part of such income, or the proceeds of such income, in acquisition of any interest in, or the establishment or operation of, any enterprise which is engaged in or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce.
124. lappuse - ... the award of compensation to informers in respect of such forfeitures shall apply to seizures and forfeitures incurred, or alleged to have been incurred, under the provisions of this section, insofar as applicable and not inconsistent with the provisions hereof...
85. lappuse - Once warnings have been given, the subsequent procedure is clear. If the individual indicates in any manner, at any time prior to or during questioning, that he wishes to remain silent, the interrogation must cease.
88. lappuse - The question is not one of form, but rather whether the defendant in fact knowingly and voluntarily waived the rights delineated in the Miranda case.
104. lappuse - ... either in law or in fact, the power to elect one or more directors of the issuer. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person through a pattern of racketeering activity or through collection of an unlawful debt...