Freddie Mac's accounting restatement: are accounting standards working? : hearing before the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, House of Representatives, One Hundred Eighth Congress, second session, January 28, 2004
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Energy and Commerce. Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection
U.S. Government Printing Office, 2004 - 52 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accounting policies accounting standards accurate actions additional allowed BAUMANN believe billion Board building California capital Chairman changes Chief Commerce committed Committee compensation complete compliance comply continue controls corporate correct culture DELEO derivatives Directors disclosure earnings effect ensure Enterprise errors examination executive external auditor fair value FALCON Fannie Mae financial reporting Freddie Mac function future GAAP gains goals going growth hearing housing identified implement important improve income interest internal audit investors issues look losses Mac's maintain major meeting Member ment Michigan mortgage move Office OFHEO operations oversight period position practices prepared problems questions recommendations record remediation request responsibility restatement risk rules SCHAKOWSKY securities senior share soundness standards statements STEARNS steps strong Subcommittee sure Thank things tion Trade transactions understand weaknesses
4. lappuse - I yield back my time. [The prepared statement of Hon. John Shimkus follows:] PREPARED STATEMENT OF HON. JOHN SHIMKUS, A REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS FROM THE STATE OF ILLINOIS Good morning, Mr.
7. lappuse - A REPRESENTATIVE IN CONGRESS FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA Thank you Mr. Chairman for holding this hearing today.
1. lappuse - HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND COMMERCE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, TRADE, AND CONSUMER PROTECTION, Washington, DC. The subcommittee met, pursuant to notice, at 10 am, in room 2123, Rayburn House Office Building, Hon.
31. lappuse - While we complete this work, we are continuing to fulfill our important public mission, maintain our safety and soundness, and meet our business objectives. Thank you for the opportunity to appear today. I look forward to working with Chairman Baker, Ranking Member Kanjorski and the Members of this Subcommittee.
19. lappuse - I would be happy to answer any questions that you and members of the committee may have. Senator MAGNUSON.
35. lappuse - ... checks, money orders, or similar instruments, any broker or dealer in securities registered or required to be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934...
17. lappuse - Adequate criteria are needed to evaluate controls. Internal auditors should ascertain the extent to which management has established adequate criteria to determine whether objectives and goals have been accomplished. If adequate, internal auditors should use such criteria in their evaluation.
28. lappuse - Thank you, Chairman Stearns, Ranking Member Schakowsky and members of the subcommittee.