Older Americans Act Oversight in Long Beach, California: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Housing and Consumer Interests of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, Second Session, April 22, 1978, Long Beach, Calif
United States. Congress. House. Select Committee on Aging. Subcommittee on Housing and Consumer Interests
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978 - 129 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able activities additional administrative adult Agencies on Aging allow Angeles appropriate Arca Area Agencies assistance authority California centers Chairman committee comprehensive concerned Congress continue contracts coordinated costs Council County delivery Department designed directly Director effective efforts elderly established example existing experience fact Federal funds going Government grant HANNAFORD hearing hope housing implementation important income increased independent interest involved issue legislation limited living Long Beach meals meeting National Association needs nursing nutrition Older Americans Act older persons operation opportunity Orange County organizations percent planning pooling population present problems received recommendations represent responsibility result ROYBAL Security senior citizens serve specific statement subcommittee testimony Thank Title III title VII transportation Units on Aging University
118. lappuse - The primary objective of this comprehensive system should be the independent living of the older population through the provision of a range of service options which guarantee the right of the individual to choose the least restrictive and the most appropriate alternative.
39. lappuse - Its basic purpose is to stimulate a better focusing of all available local, State, private, and Federal resources upon the goal of enabling low-income families, and low-income individuals of all ages, in rural and urban areas, to attain the skills, knowledge, and motivations and secure the opportunities needed for them to become fully self-sufficient.
83. lappuse - Let me elaborate: -The Administration on Aging, State Units on Aging, and Area Agencies on Aging are not a disaster assistance network.
8. lappuse - ... secure and maintain maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for older persons capable of self-care with appropriate supportive services; and "(2) remove individual and social barriers to economic and personal independence for older persons. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 302. For purposes of this title "(1) The term 'social services...
14. lappuse - Mr. Chairman and members of the committee. I appreciate very much the opportunity to appear before you today in support of the replacement of locks and dam 26.
75. lappuse - ... of the Administration on Aging, State Units on Aging, and Area Agencies on Aging, and all other interested groups.
118. lappuse - While the primary objective of the comprehensive system should be the independent living of the older population in the community, services should not foster unnecessary dependence on the services themselves.
118. lappuse - ... of health and social services to those older persons who are most vulnerable -- the very old, the poor, the disabled, the isolated, the minority aged -- but the system should not require any income means testing because income alone is not an adequate measure of vulnerability among the elderly.
113. lappuse - AoA's central office, the National Association of State Units on Aging, and the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
88. lappuse - ... planners, coordinators, evaluators and poolers at the area level, and to successfully develop comprehensive and coordinated service delivery systems to serve older persons, Area Agencies on Aging should be provided with adequate resources and increased technical assistance. 3. Administration of OAA Titles; All titles of the Older Americans Act should be administered through the Administration on Aging on a grant formula basis to the State Units on Aging in order to develop a comprehensive and...