Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action adopted affiliated American Federation application assess assistance Association better bill Blacksmith body Brotherhood building called carpenters carriers cent Central Labor Union charter clerks committee Company convention Council court delegates demand Detroit DISTRICT effect effort employers employes Executive Council fact factory Federal labor union Federation of Labor formation formed further gained glass Gompers hand helpers House increase industrial interest International Union Iron issued James John july june label Laborers prot Laundry makers March matter meeting membership metal mill miners molders month moved movement officers Organizing expenses painters past persons ports present President printing prot Protective received reports representatives request resolution result salary scale Secretary secured Senate Ship street strike success tion trade union trades and labor United wages Washington weeks workers York
172. lappuse - No person shall be excused from attending and testifying or from producing documentary evidence before the commission or in obedience to the subpoena of the commission on the ground or for the reason that the testimony or evidence, documentary or otherwise, required of him may tend to criminate him or subject him to a penalty or forfeiture.
171. lappuse - person," or "persons," wherever used in this act shall be deemed to include corporations and associations existing under or authorized by the laws of either the United States, the laws of any of the Territories, the laws of any State, or the laws of any foreign country.
169. lappuse - An agreement or combination by two or more persons to do or procure to be done any act in contemplation or furtherance of a trade dispute between employers and workmen shall not be indictable as a conspiracy if such act committed by one person would not be punishable as a crime.
28. lappuse - See yonder poor, o'erlabour'd wight, So abject, mean and vile, Who begs a brother of the earth To give him leave to toil ; And see his lordly fellow-worm The poor petition spurn, Unmindful though a weeping wife And helpless offspring mourn.
170. lappuse - Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is hereby declared to be illegal. Every person who shall make any such contract or engage in any such combination or conspiracy, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor...
171. lappuse - Any person who shall be injured in his business or property by any other person or corporation by reason of anything forbidden or declared to be unlawful by this act may sue therefor in any Circuit Court of the United States in the district in which the defendant resides or is found, without respect to the amount in controversy, and shall recover threefold the damages by him sustained, and the costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee. Sec. 8. That the word "person
171. lappuse - State to another, or to a foreign country, shall be forfeited to the United States, and may be seized and condemned by like proceedings as those provided by law for the forfeiture, seizure, and condemnation of property imported into the United States contrary to law.
120. lappuse - District, which may require or involve the employment of laborers or mechanics shall contain a provision that no laborer or mechanic doing any part of the work contemplated by the contract in the employ of the contractor or any subcontractor contracting for any part of said work contemplated shall be required or permitted to work more than eight hours in any one calendar day upon such work...
170. lappuse - Territory of the United States or of the District of Columbia, or in .restraint of trade or commerce between any such Territory and another, or between any such Territory or territories and any State or states or the District of Columbia, or with foreign nations, or between the District of Columbia and any State or states or foreign nations, is hereby declared illegal.
28. lappuse - Death! the poor man's dearest friend, The kindest and the best ! Welcome the hour my aged limbs Are laid with thee at rest! The great, the wealthy, fear thy blow, From pomp and pleasure torn ; But, oh ! a blest relief to those That weary-laden mourn I THE ORIGIN OF TAM O'SHANTER.