China's Domestic Private Firms: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Management and Performance
One of the most important outcomes of market reforms in China over the past 20 years has been the emergence of a significant domestic private sector, which now accounts for almost a third of China's GDP and is by far the country's most important source of employment growth. This book is the first in-depth analysis of the management and operation of these domestic private firms, which are defined as companies or organizations created by PRC citizens, including township enterprises and collectives. The book provides a comprehensive and multidisciplinary perspective on the factors important to the successful operation and growth of these firms. It begins with a review of the literature on the topic in three different disciplines - economics, sociology, and management - each followed by several chapters covering recent developments in these areas. Featuring contributions by distinguished scholars and China experts, the work concludes with an insightful chapter on the future of China's public sector in the global economy.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
FAMILY BUSINESSES IN CHINA 197896 ENTRY AND PERFORMANCE
TRANSNATIONAL OR SOCIAL CAPITAL? RETURNEES VERSUS LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS
THE SWEATSHOP AND BEYOND AUTHORITY RELATIONS IN DOMESTIC PRIVATE ENTERPRISES
PROPERTY RIGHTS REGIMES AND FIRM BEHAVIOR THEORY VERSUS EVIDENCE
OBSERVING PRIVATE BUSINESS IN CHINA
A SURVEY OF THE ECONOMICS LITERATURE ON CHINAS NONSTATE ENTERPRISES
IN MARKETPLACE AND BOARDROOM WHAT DO WE KNOW AND NOT KNOW ABOUT CHINAS NONSTATE ENTERPRISES?
CHINAS DOMESTIC PRIVATE FIRMS A LITERATURE REVIEW AND DIRECTIONS FOR FUTURE RESEARCH
AUTHORITY AND BENEVOLENCE EMPLOYEES RESPONSES TO PATERNALISTIC LEADERSHIP IN CHINA
THE COMMITMENTFOCUSED HRM SYSTEM ADOPTION AND PERFORMANCE IMPLICATIONS IN DOMESTIC PRIVATE FIRMS
LENOVOS PURSUIT OF DYNAMIC STRATEGIC FIT
THE EMERGENCE OF CHINAS PRIVATESECTOR FIRMS THEORY DEVELOPMENT IN THE MIDST OF EVOLVING INSTITUTIONAL AND ...
CHINAS PRIVATE SECTOR A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
ABOUT THE EDITORS AND CONTRIBUTORS
DECENTRALIZATION AND THE STRUCTURE OF CHINESE CORPORATE BOARDS DO POLITICIANS JEOPARDIZE BOARD PROFESSIONA...
FIRM BEHAVIOR IN A MIXED MARKET THE CASE OF CHINA
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
China's Domestic Private Firms: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Management ...
Anne S. Tsui,Yanjie Bian,Leonard Kwok-Hon Cheng
Ierobežota priekšskatīšana - 2006
activities analysis areas assets authority behavior cadre capital central chapter China Chinese collective companies compared competitive corporate dependence directors domestic private economic effects emerging empirical employees employment enterprises entrepreneurs entry environment example factor findings forms growth human important incentives increased industry institutional interaction interests internal issues Journal labor leadership Lenovo less literature measured networks nonstate officials organizational organizations ownership patterns percent performance perspective political politicians positive practices present Press private business private enterprises private firms private sector property rights question reform regimes relationship reported responses returnees Review role rural sample share significant social SOEs state-owned firms strategy structure subordinate suggests survey Table theory transition types University urban variables
124. lappuse - State allows non-agricultural individual labourers to engage in individual labour involving no exploitation of others, within the limits permitted by law and under unified arrangement and management by organizations at the basic level in cities and towns or in rural areas.
123. lappuse - a field is simultaneously a space of conflict and competition, the analogy here being with a battlefield, in which participants vie to establish monopoly over the species of capital effective in it...
124. lappuse - The state allows non-agricultural individual labourers to engage in individual labour involving no exploitation of others...
150. lappuse - Regulations on Transforming the Management Mechanism of State-Owned Industrial Enterprises" issued in July 1992 by the central government. The specific purpose of this new regulation was to further expand enterprise autonomy, which officially granted enterprise managers "14 rights" of control in production, pricing, sales, procurement, foreign trade, investment, use of retained funds, disposal of assets, merger and acquisition, labor, personnel management, wages and bonuses, internal organization...
221. lappuse - These include factor conditions, demand conditions, related and supporting industries, and firm strategy, structure and rivalry.
138. lappuse - ... L. University of Chicago Journal of Contemporary China, 2000, 9(24):215-30. The road to capitalism: competition and institutional change in China The authors develop a theory of institutional change and apply it to China's transition toward capitalism. They focus on the ways in which product market competition induces institutional change through the interaction of bureaucrats and managers in regional government-controlled economies. When cross-regional competition is sufficiently intense, each...
122. lappuse - For him, a differentiated society is not a seamless totality integrated by systemic functions, a common culture, criss-crossing conflicts, or an overarching authority, but an ensemble of relatively autonomous spheres of "play" that cannot be collapsed under an overall societal logic, be it that of capitalism, modernity, or postmodernity.
330. lappuse - HONG KONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AND THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG...
219. lappuse - ... (Teece et al. 1997): In recent years, some authors pointed out that in situations of quickly changing complex environments, dynamic capabilities are crucial. Dynamic capabilities are defined as the firm's ability to integrate, build, and reconfigure internal and external competencies to address rapidly changing environments (Teece et al.