Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action administrative affirmed allotted amended amount application Assistant Attorney authority Bank bankruptcy Board bonds brief charge Circuit Court claim commerce Commission Commissioner Committee common Company Cong Congress consideration Constitution contract Corp corporation Court of Appeals creditors debtor decision denied determine direct District Court dividends duty earnings effect Eisner evidence fact February federal filed findings fixed follows give granted hearing held holding income Indian interest issue judge judgment jurisdiction jury JUSTICE lands legislation limited lines March matter meaning ment Messrs milk Mortgage noted officers operation Opinion original permit person Petition for writ petitioner preferred present proceeding protection purchase question railroad reason received record regulations relation reorganization Reported reservation respect respondent result rule securities Sess shares standards Stat statement statute supra tion Trust United writ of certiorari York
323. lappuse - Gross income' includes gains, profits, and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service, of whatever kind and in whatever form paid...
98. lappuse - Many forms of conduct permissible in a workaday world for those acting at arm's length are forbidden to those bound by fiduciary ties. A trustee is held to something stricter than the morals of the market place. Not honesty alone, but the punctilio of an honor the most sensitive, is then the standard of behavior.
403. lappuse - ... means any distribution made by a corporation to its shareholders, whether in money or in other property, (1) out of its earnings or profits accumulated after February 28, 1913, or (2) out of the earnings or profits of the taxable year...
713. lappuse - From their very weakness and helplessness, so largely due to the course of dealing of the federal government with them, and the treaties in which it has been promised, there arises the duty of protection, and with it the power. This has always been recognized by the executive and by congress, and by this court, whenever the question has arisen.
135. lappuse - Of all civil causes of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction, saving to suitors in all cases the right of a common-law remedy where the common law is competent to give it, and to claimants the rights and remedies under the workmen's compensation law of any State.60 Fourth.
364. lappuse - The case is here on a petition for a writ of certiorari which we granted because of the importance of the problem and the contrariety of views in the courts.
129. lappuse - ... any defect or insufficiency . . . in its cars, engines, appliances, machinery, track, roadbed, works, boats, wharves, or other equipment' used in interstate commerce. But independently of the statute, we are of opinion that the work of keeping such instrumentalities in a proper state of repair while thus used is so closely related to such commerce as to be in practice and in legal contemplation a part of it.
38. lappuse - ... all statutes of the United States modifying or extending the commonlaw right or remedy in cases of personal injury to railway employees shall apply...
397. lappuse - Compensation shall be payable under this chapter in respect of disability or death of an employee, but only if the disability or death results from an injury occurring upon the navigable waters of the United States (including any dry dock) and if recovery for the disability or death through workmen's compensation proceedings may not validly be provided by State law.