Hospital Construction Act: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives, Seventy-ninth Congress, Second Session, on S. 191, to Amend the Public Health Service Act to Authorize Grants to the States for Surveying Their Hospitals and Public Health Centers and for Planning Construction of Additional Facilities, and to Authorize Grants to Assist in Such Construction. March 7, 8, 11, 12, and 13, 1946 ...
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce. Public Health Subcommittee
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1946 - 240 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
additional adequate administration advisory agency amendments American ANDERSON appeal application approval assistance Association authority basis beds believe bill Brown building Chairman committee concerned Congress consideration construction cooperative cost council County court determine developed doctors existing fact Federal funds Federal Government Federal Hospital Council FLEMING funds further give given going groups HARRIS health centers Hospital Association hospital construction hospital facilities House important included individual institutions interested legislation maintenance matter mean meet necessary objection operation organization PARRAN particularly passed patients percent persons population possible practice present PRIEST problem proposed Public Health question reason reference representatives require responsibility rural areas Senate serve situation SMELZER standards statement suggested Surgeon survey thing tion United WINTER
3. lappuse - The sums made available under this section shall be used for making payments to States which have submitted, and had approved by the Social Security Board, State plans for aid to the blind.
6. lappuse - Federal share" for any State shall be 100 per centum less the State percentage and the State percentage shall be that percentage which bears the same ratio to 50 per centum as the per capita income of such State bears to the per capita income of the continental United States (excluding Alaska), except that (1) the Federal share...
8. lappuse - Each appointed member shall hold office for a term of four years, except that any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term, and except that...
2. lappuse - State agency; (10) provide that the State agency will make such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Surgeon General may from time to time reasonably require, and will keep such records and afford such access thereto as the Surgeon General may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports...
8. lappuse - Except as otherwise specifically provided, nothing in this Act shall be construed as conferring on any Federal officer or employee the right to exercise any supervision or control over the administration, personnel, maintenance, or operation of any facility...
4. lappuse - Secretary to be necessary for the proper and efficient operation of the plan; "(6) provide that the State agency will make such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the...
6. lappuse - Rico shall be 75 per centum ; " (b) the allotment percentages shall be promulgated by the Surgeon General between July 1 and August 31 of each even-numbered year, on the basis of the average of the per capita incomes of the States and of the continental United States for the three most recent consecutive years for which satisfactory data are available from the Department of Commerce.
7. lappuse - Public Health Center" means a publicly owned facility for the provision of public health services, including related facilities such as laboratories, clinics, and administrative offices operated in connection with public health centers.
7. lappuse - States court of appeals for the circuit in which such State is located. The summons and notice of appeal may be served at any place in the United States. The Commissioner shall forthwith certify and file in the court the transcript of the proceedings and the record on which he based his action.