Review of PSRO Medical Cost Control: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress, First Session, June 27, 1979
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1979 - 237 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities addition Administration admission analysis Answer approach appropriate areas assess assumptions audit average basis beds believe bill changes claims comparison concurrent review conducted CONGRESS THE LIBRARY continued costs delegated designed determinations differences disagreement discharge discussed effectiveness established estimate evaluation example Federal findings fiscal intermediary focused Form funding future given groups HCFA HCFA's hospital identified impact implementation important improve included increase indicate individual involved issue length of stay less LIBRARY OF CONGRESS limited look measure Medicaid Medicare method monitoring necessary objectives Office organizations patients payment percent performance period physicians planning possible postpayment review problem procedures projects PSRO program PSRO review PSRO's Question ratio reasons reduction regional reliable sample savings selected setting specific Standards term tion types unnecessary utilization variable York
113. lappuse - Mr. Chairman, this concludes our statement. We would be pleased to answer any questions you or other members of the Subcommittee may have at this time.
19. lappuse - PROVISIONS'' (b) Title XI of such Act is further amended by adding the following : "PART B PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS REVIEW "DECLARATION OF PURPOSE "SEC. 1151. In order to promote the effective, efficient, and economical delivery of health care services of proper quality...
20. lappuse - Hearings before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the House Committee on Ways and Means, 96th Cong, 1st Sess, 5 (1979) (statement of Jerome Kurtz, Commissioner of Internal Revenue) (emphasis added).
11. lappuse - Operations, and the Subcommittee on Oversight of the House Committee on Ways and Means; the Chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation; and other interested parties.
209. lappuse - Our examination was made in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and included such tests of the accounting records and such other auditing procedures as we considered necessary in the circumstances.
53. lappuse - Ira E. Raskin, and Joseph Eichenholz, "The Use of Marginal Cost Estimates in Hospital Cost-Containment Policy,
108. lappuse - I would welcome any questions the members of the subcommittee may have. [The prepared statement follows:] STATEMENT OF THE NATIONAL RETIEED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION AND THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED PERSONS I am Melvin L.
104. lappuse - We will put your full statement in the record and you may proceed as you desire.
190. lappuse - Its performance, 1t should be terminated from the program, and funds which it would otherwise receive should be made available to PSROs which have shown that they can use Increased funding in a cost effective manner.
61. lappuse - ... by inspection from the charts, the merits of the stations being again borne in mind. Table IV. (p. 297) contains the results of a series of such comparisons, and explains itself. Columns 1, 2, and 7 concur in showing that the difference in temperature between the east and west is immensely greater in the first half of the year than in the second ; the winter conditions, of great difference, do not probably obtain till November, and they continue till May. Columns 3, 4, and 5, although no doubt...