Review of PSRO Medical Cost Control: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, Ninety-sixth Congress, First Session, June 27, 1979
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1979 - 237 lappuses
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
1978 Evaluation active PSROs adverse determinations analysis ancillary services Answer appropriate assess assumptions audit basis CBO report CBO's changes claims Colorado comparison areas comparison groups conducted CONGRESS THE LIBRARY Congressional Budget Office cost effective criteria delegated differences disagreement rate effectiveness of PSROs estimate example Federal fiscal intermediary focused review funding GIBBONS HCFA evaluation HCFA's health-care hospital costs hospital stay hospital utilization HSQB impact implementation inappropriate included individual PSRO inpatient Kansas/Nebraska length of stay LIBRARY OF CONGRESS long-term Medicaid medical necessity Medicare and Medicaid Medicare patients number of days OPEL percent post-payment monitoring postpayment review problem procedures Professional Standards Review PSRO activities PSRO areas PSRO determinations PSRO effectiveness PSRO evaluations PSRO program PSRO review PSRO's Question reimbursement REISCHAUER reliable review activities review costs sample savings savings-to-cost ratio Standards Review Organization tion true 20 types utilization review variable York County
113. lappuse - Mr. Chairman, this concludes our statement. We would be pleased to answer any questions you or other members of the Subcommittee may have at this time.
19. lappuse - PROVISIONS'' (b) Title XI of such Act is further amended by adding the following : "PART B PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS REVIEW "DECLARATION OF PURPOSE "SEC. 1151. In order to promote the effective, efficient, and economical delivery of health care services of proper quality...
20. lappuse - Hearings before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the House Committee on Ways and Means, 96th Cong, 1st Sess, 5 (1979) (statement of Jerome Kurtz, Commissioner of Internal Revenue) (emphasis added).
11. lappuse - Operations, and the Subcommittee on Oversight of the House Committee on Ways and Means; the Chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation; and other interested parties.
209. lappuse - Our examination was made in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and included such tests of the accounting records and such other auditing procedures as we considered necessary in the circumstances.
53. lappuse - Ira E. Raskin, and Joseph Eichenholz, "The Use of Marginal Cost Estimates in Hospital Cost-Containment Policy,
108. lappuse - I would welcome any questions the members of the subcommittee may have. [The prepared statement follows:] STATEMENT OF THE NATIONAL RETIEED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION AND THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF RETIRED PERSONS I am Melvin L.
104. lappuse - We will put your full statement in the record and you may proceed as you desire.
190. lappuse - Its performance, 1t should be terminated from the program, and funds which it would otherwise receive should be made available to PSROs which have shown that they can use Increased funding in a cost effective manner.
61. lappuse - ... by inspection from the charts, the merits of the stations being again borne in mind. Table IV. (p. 297) contains the results of a series of such comparisons, and explains itself. Columns 1, 2, and 7 concur in showing that the difference in temperature between the east and west is immensely greater in the first half of the year than in the second ; the winter conditions, of great difference, do not probably obtain till November, and they continue till May. Columns 3, 4, and 5, although no doubt...