Compilation of Selected Labor Laws Pertaining to Labor Relations: Prepared by the Subcommittee on Labor of ..., September 6, 1974
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action activities adding administrative agency agreement amended amount annual applicable appropriate assistance Attorney authorized carry cause charge Civil Code commerce Commission committee compensation compliance Congress contract contractor court deemed determined discrimination district duty effect effective date employed employee employment enforcement engaged establishment excess executive exemption extension Fair Labor Standards Federal filed finance finds Government hearing individual industry inserting institution interest issued judge labor organization lieu limited means ment minimum wage necessary notice officer operation origin otherwise paid paragraph payment performance period person prescribed proceedings production provisions of sections Public Law pursuant rate not less reasonable receives referred regular regulations relating representative respect Rights rules Secretary of Labor Stat striking subcontractor subsection term thereof tion United unlawful unless violation wage rate workweek
470. lappuse - labor organization" means any organization of any kind, or any agency or employee representation committee or plan, in which employees participate and which exists for the purpose, in whole or in part, of dealing with employers concerning grievances, labor disputes, wages, rates of pay, hours of employment, or conditions of work.
610. lappuse - It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer (1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or (2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities...
459. lappuse - Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938." FINDING AND DECLARATION OF POLICY SEC. 2. (a) The Congress hereby finds that the existence, in industries engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce, of labor conditions detrimental to the maintenance of the minimum standard of living necessary for health, efficiency, and general wellbeing of workers...
471. lappuse - Except as otherwise provided in this section, no employer shall employ any of his employees who is engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce for a workweek longer than forty hours, unless such employee receives compensation for his employment in excess of the hours above specified at a rate not less than one and one-half times the regular rate at which he is employed.
561. lappuse - Board, its member, agent, or agency, there to produce evidence if so ordered, or there to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by said court as a contempt thereof.
561. lappuse - Columbia, within the jurisdiction of which the inquiry is carried on or within the jurisdiction of which said person guilty of contumacy or refusal to obey is found or resides or transacts business...
459. lappuse - ... (b) It is hereby declared to be the policy of this Act, through the exercise by Congress of its power to regulate commerce among the several States and with foreign nations, to correct and as rapidly as practicable to eliminate the conditions above referred to in such industries without substantially curtailing employment or earning power.
652. lappuse - It is the policy of the Government of the United States to provide equal opportunity in Federal employment for all persons, to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a continuing affirmative program in each executive department and agency.
642. lappuse - Labor, or as otherwise provided by law. "(7) The contractor will include the provisions of Paragraphs (1) through (7) in every subcontract or purchase order unless exempted by rules, regulations, or orders of the Secretary of Labor issued pursuant to Section 204 of Executive Order No.