Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
according aforesaid allowed amount appointed appropriated Approved Assembly assessed auditor authorized bond cause cents certificate CHAPTER city council clerk collected commissioners compensation congress copy corporation county commissioners deem direct district court dollars duties effect election enacted entitled establish expenses February ferry filed five force fund give governor granted hereby hold hundred improvement interest Iowa Iowa City issued January judges justice keep Keokuk land locate lots majority manner March mayor meet Moines Monday necessary notice oath organized paid passage peace person present president printed proceed proper Published qualified receive record regulations repealed representatives respective returns river road route seat secretary SECTION senate superintendent take effect term thence thereafter thereof tion town township treasurer United vote
20. lappuse - The proceeds of all lands that have been or hereafter may be granted by the United States .to this state, for the support of...
13. lappuse - May, 1848, of the age of twenty-one years, who shall have been a resident of the State six months next preceding the election, and the county or district in which he claims his vote thirty days, shall be entitled to vote at all elections...
15. lappuse - No senator, or member of assembly, shall, during the term for which he shall have been elected, be appointed to any civil office of profit, under this State, which shall have been created, or the emoluments of which shall have been increased, during such term, except such office as may be filled by elections by the people.
402. lappuse - The legislatures of those districts or new states, shall never interfere with the primary disposal of the soil by the United States in Congress assembled, nor with any regulations Congress may find necessary for securing the title in such soil to the bona fide purchasers. No tax shall be imposed on lands the property of the United States; and in no case shall non-resident proprietors be taxed higher than residents.
12. lappuse - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable seizures and searches, shall not be violated; and no warrant shall issue but on probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons and things to be seized.
18. lappuse - In case of the impeachment of the Governor, or his removal from office, death, inability to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, resignation, or absence from the State, the powers and duties of the office shall devolve upon the Lieutenant-Governor for the residue of the term, or until the disability shall cease.
749. lappuse - Every white male citizen of the United States, of the age of twenty-one years, who shall have been a resident of the state one year next preceding the election, and of the county, township, or ward, in which he resides, such time as may be provided by law, shall have the qualifications of an elector, and be entitled to vote at all elections.
21. lappuse - University; and the funds accruing from the rents or sale of such lands, or from any other source, for the purpose aforesaid, shall be and remain a permanent fund, the interest of which shall be applied to the support of said university...
20. lappuse - ... the general assembly shall provide, by general laws, for the organization of all corporations hereafter to be created.
17. lappuse - The returns of every election for Governor shall be sealed up and transmitted to the seat of Government, directed to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, who shall open and publish them in the presence of both Houses of the General Assembly.