Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
advance allowance applied Assn Atchison Atlanta authority bill Boston carriage carried carrier cars cents per 100 charge Chicago Cincinnati Classification coal Commerce Commission Commission common compel competition complainant connecting contract cost cotton court defendant destination differential discrimination distance division East effect enforce established et al evidence excess fact favor filed force freight furnish grain greater haul Held higher rate Interstate Commerce jurisdiction Kansas City less live locals Long Louis Louisville lower rate miles Missouri operated Orleans Pacific parties person petition points ports pounds preference proceedings proportion published railroad reasonable rebate received refusal relation resulting river road route rule schedule ship shipments shipper Southern Springs stations tariff terminal Texas tion traffic transportation undue United unjust unlawful unreasonable violation weight Wichita York
8. lappuse - Commission (and produce books and papers if so ordered) and give evidence touching the matter in question; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
5. lappuse - ... refund or remit in any manner or by any device any portion of the rates, fares, and charges so specified, nor extend to any shipper or person any privileges or facilities in the transportation of passengers or property, except such as are specified in such tariffs: Provided, That wherever the word 'carrier' occurs in this Act it shall be held to mean 'common carrier.
13. lappuse - All of the expenses of the Commission, including all necessary expenses for transportation incurred by the Commissioners or by their employees under their orders, in making any investigation, or upon official business in any other places than in the city of Washington, shall be allowed and paid on the presentation of itemized vouchers therefor approved by the Commission.
3. lappuse - ... Every common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall, according to their respective powers, afford all reasonable, proper, and equal facilities for the interchange of traffic between their respective lines, and for the receiving, forwarding, and delivering of passengers and property to and from their several lines and those connecting therewith, and shall not discriminate in their rates and charges between such connecting lines; but this shall not be construed as requiring any such...
6. lappuse - That any common carrier, subject to the provisions of this act, or, whenever such common carrier is a corporation, any director or officer thereof, or any receiver, trustee, lessee, agent, or person acting for or employed by such corporation, who.
16. lappuse - ... or the issuance of mileage, excursion, or commutation passenger tickets; nothing in this act shall be construed to prohibit any common carrier from giving reduced rates to ministers of religion, or to municipal governments for the transportation of indigent persons, or to inmates of the National Homes or State Homes for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, and of Soldiers
8. lappuse - Reasonable notice must first be given in writing by the party, or his attorney, proposing to take such deposition to the opposite party or hia attorney of record, as either may be nearest, which notice shall state the name of the witness and the time and place of the taking of his deposition.
20. lappuse - The several circuit courts of the United States are hereby invested with jurisdiction to prevent and restrain violations of this act; and it shall be the duty of the several district attorneys of the United States, in their respective districts, under the direction of the Attorney General, to institute proceedings in equity to prevent and restrain such violations.
2. lappuse - Columbia, or to any foreign country, any article or commodity, other than timber and the manufactured products thereof, manufactured, mined, or produced by it, or under its authority, or which it may own in whole, or in part, or in which it may have any interest direct or indirect except such articles or commodities as may be necessary and intended for its use in the conduct of its business as a common carrier.