Oversight on the Administration of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, 1978: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Labor of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-fifth Congress, Second Session on ... October 3, 4, and 5, 1978
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978 - 472 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accidents action activities administration agency approach Association believe byssinosis cause CHAIRMAN chemical citation committee compensation compliance concern conducted Congress consultation continue contractor cooperation correct cost cotton cotton dust Department determine develop effective efforts employees enforcement equipment established estimates example exists exposure Federal final hazards hearing improve increased industry injury inspections inspector involved issued Labor legislation meeting ment million NIOSH objective Occupational Safety officers operations OSHA OSHA's penalties percent performance person plant present President problem procedures production proposed protection question reasonable recommendations record regulations representative responsibility result rules safe safety and health Secretary Senator specific standards statement textile thing tion United violation workers workplace
30. lappuse - If any provision of this Act, or the application of such provision to any . person or circumstance, shall be held invalid, the remainder of this Act, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected thereby. SEC. 16. This Act may be cited as the "National Labor Relations Act.
5. lappuse - ... to the extent feasible, on the basis of the best available evidence, that no employee will suffer material impairment of health or functional capacity even if such employee has regular exposure to the hazard dealt with by such standard for the period of his working life.
13. lappuse - Upon such filing, the court shall cause notice thereof to be served upon such person, and thereupon shall have jurisdiction of the proceeding and of the question determined therein, and shall have power to grant such temporary relief or restraining order as it deems just and proper, and to make and enter upon the pleadings, testimony, and proceedings set forth in such transcript a de.cree enforcing, modifying, and enforcing as so modified, or setting aside in whole or in part the order of the Board.
15. lappuse - Any person may be compelled to appear and depose and to produce documentary evidence in the same manner as witnesses may be compelled to appear and testify and produce documentary evidence before the commission as hereinbefore provided.
14. lappuse - No person shall discharge or in any manner discriminate against any employee because such employee has filed any complaint or instituted or caused to be instituted any proceeding under or related to this...
26. lappuse - ... the total cost of the project or undertaking in connection with which such assistance is given or used, and the amount of that portion of the cost of the project or undertaking supplied by other sources, and such other records as will facilitate an effective audit.
29. lappuse - Act, as amended, is amended (1) by striking out the period at the end of "paragraph (5)" and inserting in lieu thereof" ; and"; and (2) by adding after paragraph (5) a new paragraph as follows : "(6) to make such loans (either directly or in cooperation with banks or other lending institutions through agreements to participate on an immediate or deferred basis...
13. lappuse - If either party shall apply to the court for leave to adduce additional evidence, and shall show to the satisfaction of the court that such additional evidence is material and that there were reasonable grounds for...
13. lappuse - Board may modify Its findings as to the facts, or make new findings, by reason of additional evidence so taken...