Oversight hearings: Older Americans act, title IX : hearings before the Subcommittee on Retirement Income and Employment of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, first session, October 5 and November 29, 1977
United States. Congress. House. Select Committee on Aging. Subcommittee on Retirement Income and Employment
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978 - 176 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities Administration on Aging American Indian area agencies assistance Association authorized believe benefits Board BONKER Center CETA Chairman Committee Community Service concerns Conference Conference on Aging Congress continue coordination Council on Aging CURLEY Department Department of Labor Director effective efforts employment enrollees established Federal funds given Government Green groups Health hearing House important income increase Indian elderly Indian tribes individuals involved issues Labor legislation meet ment million minority national contractors National Indian Council needs NICOA Office Older Americans Act older persons older workers operate opportunity organizations participants percent planning population present problems received recommendations record Region represented responsibility retirement ROONEY Secretary Senior Citizens serve social security Social Security Administration statement statistics testimony Thank tion title IX program Tribal United Washington
124. lappuse - Indian tribe" means any Indian tribe, band, nation, or other organized group or community, including any Alaska Native village or regional or village corporation as defined in or established pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (85 Stat. 688) which is recognized as eligible for the special programs and services provided by the United States to Indians because of their status as Indians...
135. lappuse - The Indian nations had always been considered as distinct, independent political communities, retaining their original natural rights, as the undisputed possessors of the soil, from time immemorial, with the single exception of that imposed by irresistible power, which excluded them from intercourse with any other European potentate than the first discoverer of the coast of the particular region claimed: and this was a restriction which those European potentates imposed on themselves, as well as...
58. lappuse - comprehensive and coordinated system' means a system for providing all necessary social services in a manner designed to (A) facilitate accessibility to and utilization of all social services provided within the geographic area served by such system by any public or private agency or organization; (B) develop and make the most efficient use of social services in meeting the needs of older persons; and (C) use available resources efficiently and with a minimum of duplication.
55. lappuse - I am William R. Hutton, Executive Director of the National Council of Senior Citizens. The National Council of Senior Citizens...
55. lappuse - ... and of other men and perhaps, too, a little faith and a little reverence for the things you cannot see.
55. lappuse - In order to foster and promote useful part-time opportunities in community service activities for unemployed low-income persons who are fifty-five years old or older and who have poor employment prospects...
1. lappuse - US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, SELECT COMMITTEE ON AGING, SUBCOMMITTEE ON RETIREMENT INCOME AND EMPLOYMENT, Washington, DC.
6. lappuse - The knowledge he has acquired with age is not the knowledge of formulas, or forms of words, but of people, places, actions a knowledge not gained by words but by touch, sight, sound, victories, failures, sleeplessness, devotion, love the human experiences and emotions of this earth and of oneself and other men; and perhaps, too, a little faith, and a little reverence for...
81. lappuse - Units is to improve the quality of life for older Americans by serving as their advocate, and by promoting a comprehensive coordinated service system through administration of OAA programs. State Units work to secure and maintain maximum economic and...