Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
act shall take amount appointed assessment assessor asylum Auditor ballot board of county board of education Board of Examiners bonds cents certificate CHAPTER charge claim compensation Constitution contract convict copy corporation county clerk county commissioners county seat county treasurer deemed district court duties election electors employes enacted entitled execution exempt expenses fees filed fund furnish Governor granted hereby insane issue judge judgment judgment debtor lands Laws of Utah Legislature levy ment necessary notice oath oleomargarine owner paid party payment person polls precinct prescribed prison provided by law purchase purpose qualified receive record registered registry agent residence salary school district Secretary session sheriff statement stenographer subpoena superintendent supreme court take effect term Territory Territory of Utah therein thereof thereto tion trustees University of Utah Utah Territory vacancy vote voters warden warrants
46. lappuse - Each of the Justices shall have power to issue writs of habeas corpus to any part of the State, upon petition by or on behalf of any person held in actual custody, and may make such writs returnable before himself, or the Supreme Court, or before any Superior Court in the State, or before any Judge thereof.
517. lappuse - ... before or at the time of incurring such indebtedness provision shall be made for the collection of an annual tax sufficient to pay the interest on such indebtedness as it falls due, and also to constitute a sinking fund for the payment of the principal thereof, within twenty years from the time of contracting the same.
61. lappuse - The General Assembly shall provide by law for a uniform and equal rate of assessment and taxation ; and shall prescribe such regulations as shall secure a just valuation for taxation of all property, both real and personal, excepting such only for municipal, educational, literary, scientific, religious or charitable purposes, as may be specially exempted by law.
157. lappuse - A person offending against any provision of sections one, two and seven of this act, is a competent witness against another person so offending, and may be compelled to attend and testify upon any trial, hearing, proceeding or investigation in the same manner as any other person. But the testimony so given shall not be used in any prosecution or proceeding, civil or criminal, against the person so testifying, except for perjury in giving such testimony.
176. lappuse - And in case of disobedience to a subpoena the Commission, or any party to a proceeding before the Commission, may invoke the aid of any court of the United States in requiring the attendance and testimony of witnesses and the production of books, papers, and documents under the provisions of this section.
153. lappuse - ... any voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce such voter to vote, or refrain from voting, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid, on account of any voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election : 3.
29. lappuse - ... a speedy public trial by an impartial jury of the county or district in which the offense is alleged to have been committed.
29. lappuse - That in all criminal prosecutions the accused shall enjoy the right to be heard by himself and counsel, to demand the nature and cause of the accusation against him, to have a speedy and public trial, to meet the witnesses face to face, and to have compulsory process to compel the attendance of witnesses in his behalf.
42. lappuse - The Governor shall have the power to grant reprieves, commutations and pardons after conviction, for all offenses except treason and cases of impeachment, upon such conditions and with such restrictions and limitations, as he may think proper, subject to such regulations as may be provided by law relative to the manner of applying for pardons.