Federal Role in Traffic Safety: Hearings, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session, 1. sējums
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Government Operations. Subcommittee on Executive Reorganization
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accidents Action Program activities addition Administration agencies American application assistance Association authority automobile belts Board Bureau carriers cause Chairman Commerce Commission Committee concerned continue contract Contractor cost Council deaths Department determine devices direction driver Education effective effort engineering equipment established explosives fact fatalities Federal field function going Government Health highway safety important improve increase indicated industry injuries Interstate involved legislation licensing manufacturers means ment miles million motor carriers motor vehicle Office operation organizations performance persons prevention problem question recommendations record regulations responsibility result road seat Secretary Senator RIBICOFF signs specifications speed standards statement supplies things tion tire traffic accidents traffic safety transportation truck United
62. lappuse - Such causes may include, but are not restricted to, acts of God or of the public enemy, acts of the Government in either its sovereign or contractual capacity, fires, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, strikes, freight embargoes, and unusually severe weather; but in every case the failure to perform must be beyond the control and without the fault or negligence of the Contractor.
64. lappuse - Contractor for the purpose of securing business. For breach or violation of this warranty the Government shall have the right to annul this Contract without liability or in its discretion to deduct from the contract price or consideration, or otherwise recover, the full amount of such commission, percentage, brokerage, or contingent fee.
61. lappuse - Default." Unless the Contractor corrects or replaces such supplies within the delivery schedule, the Contracting Officer may require the delivery of such supplies at a reduction In price which Is equitable under the circumstances. Failure to agree to such reduction of price shall be a dispute concerning a question of fact within the meaning of the clause of this contract entitled "Disputes.
65. lappuse - small business concern" is a concern, including its affiliates, which is independently owned and operated, is not dominant in the field of operation in which it is bidding on Government contracts, and can further qualify under the criteria set forth in regulations of the Small Business Administration (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 13, Section 121.3-8).
67. lappuse - ... upgrading, demotion or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.
61. lappuse - INSPECTION (a) All supplies (which term throughout this clause includes without limitation raw materials, components, intermediate assemblies, and end products) shall be subject to inspection and test by the Government, to the extent practicable at all times and places including the period of manufacture, and in any event prior to acceptance.
63. lappuse - In connection with the performance of work under this contract, the contractor agrees not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, or national origin.
67. lappuse - ... and shall post copies of the notice in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment. "(4) The contractor will comply with all provisions of Executive Order No. 10926 of March 6, 1961, and of the rules, regulations, and relevant orders of the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity created thereby.
64. lappuse - Committee, or pursuant thereto, and will permit access to his books, records, and accounts by the contracting agency and the Committee for purposes of investigation to ascertain compliance with such rules, regulations, and orders.