The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and Authority Subsequent to Those Contained in the "American Decisions" [1760-1869] and the "American Reports" [1869-1887] Decided in the Courts of Last Resort of the Several States [1886-1911], 63. sējums
Abraham Clark Freeman
Bancroft-Whitney Company, 1898
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agent alleged amount appellant appellee assignment attorney authority bank bill carrier cause of action charge charitable cited claim common law constitution contract conveyance corporation court of equity creditors debt debtor decree deed defendant demurrer deposit dollars duty entitled equity estoppel evidence executed fact favor Franklin National Bank fraud fraudulent funds held hold indorsement injury insane delusion insolvent interest Iowa issue judgment jury land liability lien limited marriage ment monographic note mortgage N. J. Eq negligence notice Ohio St old firm opinion owner paid parties payment person plaintiff plaintiff in error possession principal purchaser purpose question R. R. Co reason receipts received remainderman Roberts Quarries rule statute suit surety sustained testator thereof tion trial trust valid void
597. lappuse - The absolute power of alienation shall not be suspended by any limitation or condition whatever, for a longer period than during the continuance of not more than two lives in being at the creation of the estate, except in the single case mentioned in the next section.
616. lappuse - Again, it has been stated that "commerce among the states consists of intercourse and traffic between their citizens, and includes the transportation of persons and property, and the navigation of public waters for that purpose, as well as the purchase, sale, and exchange of commodities.
175. lappuse - ... shall be appointed for one year, one for two years, one for three years, one for four years, and one for five years.
616. lappuse - Commerce with foreign countries, and among the States, strictly considered, consists in intercourse and traffic, including in these terms navigation, and the transportation and transit of persons and property, as well as the purchase, sale, and exchange of commodities.
615. lappuse - Commerce, undoubtedly, is traffic, but it is something more, it is intercourse. It describes the commercial intercourse between nations, and parts of nations, in all its branches, and is regulated by prescribing rules for carrying on that intercourse.
651. lappuse - The plaintiff, at the time of issuing the summons, or at any time afterward, may have the property of the defendant attached...
244. lappuse - A charity, in the legal sense, may be more fully defined as a gift, to be applied, consistently with existing laws, for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons, either by bringing their minds or hearts under the influence of education or religion, by relieving their bodies from disease, suffering or constraint, by assisting them to establish themselves in life, or by erecting or maintaining public buildings or works or otherwise lessening the burdens of government.
20. lappuse - Provided always, that nothing herein contained shall alter or take away or lessen the Effect of any Payment of any Principal or Interest made by any Person whatsoever...