action advocate argument authority become believe better Bible body Brown called cause Christ Christian Church claim classes Cleveland comes Convention delegate desire discussion duty equal exists fact father feel forward give given ground half hands happiness hear heard heart hope human husband idea infidel interests justice leave light look marriage matter means meeting mind Miss moral movement nature never object Ohio persons platform political position present principle pulpit question reason received recognized refer reform regard remarks resolutions respect rule secure sentiment society speak sphere spirit stand suffer supposed taken teach Temperance things thought tion told true truth vote whole wife wish woman Woman's Rights women wrong York
137. lappuse - Let your women keep silence in the churches : for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
70. lappuse - When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one portion of the family of man to assume among the people of the earth a position different from that which they have hitherto occupied, but one to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes that impel them to such a course. We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men and women are created equal...
73. lappuse - In entering upon the great work before us, we anticipate no small amount of misconception, misrepresentation, and ridicule; but we shall use every instrumentality within our power to effect our object. We shall employ agents, circulate tracts, petition the State and National legislatures, and endeavor to enlist the pulpit and the press in our behalf. We hope this Convention will be followed by a series of Conventions embracing every part of the country. RESOLUTIONS WHEREAS, The great precept of nature...
156. lappuse - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed then Eve. And Adam was not deceived ; but the woman, being deceived, was in the transgression ; notwithstanding she shall be saved in child-bearing, if they continue in faith, and charity, and holiness with sobriety.
154. lappuse - If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.
137. lappuse - Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
72. lappuse - He has never permitted her to exercise her inalienable right to the elective franchise. He has compelled her to submit to laws, in the formation of which she had no voice. He has withheld from her rights which are given to the most ignorant and degraded men both natives and foreigners.
34. lappuse - ... all just powers of government are derived from the consent of the governed.