Amendments Proposed to the Copyright Bill (S. 6330; H.R. 19853) Together with Other Criticisms and Suggestions Received and Noted to Date by the Copyright Office: December, 1906, 2. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1906 - 107 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ACCOMPANIED BY DEFINITE action advertising affidavit American Authors appear apply assignment Association bill brought cause Change claim composite contain Copyright Hearings Copyright League Copyright Office copyright proprietor court CRITICISMS NOT ACCOMPANIED damages December defendant DEFINITE AMENDMENTS PROPOSED DEFINITE PROPOSALS deposit distribution district dollars edition Edward effect existing extended fifty follows foreign fraudulent give given granted importation infringing copies inhabitant insert intent International limits manufacture matter means ment musical notice of copyright obtained Omit original paragraph patent penalty performance period person plates prescribed present printed proceedings produced prohibited PROPOSALS FOR PHRASEOLOGY protection publication published punishable reason record regard Register remedies reproduction respect Rogers secured seems seizure Statutes SUGGESTIONS AND CRITICISMS suit term thereof tion translation Union United word York
76. lappuse - Second. When imported by the authority or for the use of the United States; Third. When imported, for use and not for sale, not more than one copy of any such book in any one invoice, in good faith, by or for any society or institution incorporated for educational, literary, philosophical, scientific, or religious purposes, or for the encouragement of the fine arts, or for any college1 academy, school, or seminary of learning, or for any State, school, college, university, or free public library...
86. lappuse - The circuit courts, and district courts having the jurisdiction of circuit courts, shall have power, upon bill in equity, filed by any party aggrieved, to grant injunctions to prevent the violation of any right secured by the laws respecting copyrights, according to the course and principles of courts of equity, on such terms as the court may deem reasonable.
26. lappuse - No action or proceeding shall be maintained for infringement of copyright in any work until the provisions of this Act with respect to the deposit of copies and registration of such work shall have been complied with.
38. lappuse - ... or upon the first page of text of each separate number or under the title heading, or if a musical work either upon its title-page or the first page of music : Provided, That one notice of copyright in each volume or in each number of a newspaper or periodical published shall suffice.
26. lappuse - Act ; or if such work be a contribution to a periodical, for which contribution special registration is requested, one copy of the issue or issues containing such contribution; or if the work is not reproduced in copies for sale there shall be deposited the copy, print, photograph, or other identifying reproduction provided by section eleven of this Act, such copies or copy, print, photograph or other reproduction to be accompanied in each case by a claim of copyright.
56. lappuse - Every person who shall print or publish any manuscript whatever, without the consent of the author or proprietor first obtained, if such author or proprietor is a citizen of the United States, or resident therein, shall be liable to the author or proprietor for all damages occasioned by such injury.
70. lappuse - Any person who shall knowingly issue or sell any article bearing a notice of United States copyright which has not been copyrighted in this country, or who shall knowingly import any article bearing such notice or words of the same purport, which has not been copyrighted in this country, shall be liable to a fine of one hundred dollars.
40. lappuse - Copyright," together with the year the copyright was entered, and the name of the party by whom it was taken out thus" Copyright, 18, by AB
18. lappuse - Compilations, or abridgments, adaptations, arrangements, dramatizations, translations, or other versions of works in the public domain, or of copyrighted works when produced with the consent of the proprietor of the copyright in such works, or works republished with new matter shall be regarded as new works subject to copyright under the provisions of this title...
72. lappuse - SEC 32. That any and all articles prohibited importation by this Act which are brought into the United States from any foreign country (except in the mails) shall be seized and forfeited by like proceedings as those provided by law for the seizure and condemnation of property imported into the United States in violation of the customs revenue laws.