Communications Satellite Legislation: Hearings Before the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on S. 2814 ... and S. 2814, Amendment ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 413 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities administration agency amended applications appropriate areas authorized base basis believe bill Bureau cable Chairman Commission committee common carriers communications satellite system companies competition complete concerned corporation cost countries decision Department determine DINGMAN direct directors Division effective equipment establishment existing facilities fact Federal field foreign functions give going Government ground stations hearings important industry interest investment involved issue legislation limited matter means ment Minow negotiations Office operation organization ownership percent position possible present President problems profit proposed public interest question radio rates reason recommended record reference regulation respect responsibility satellite communications Senator KEFAUVER Senator McGEE Senator PASTORE Senator YARBOROUGH space staff statement technical telephone thing tion United Western Yes Yes Yes
10. lappuse - ... section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
18. lappuse - ... contract" means any actual or proposed contract, agreement, understanding, or other arrangement, and includes any assignment, substitution of parties, or subcontract executed or entered into thereunder; and (3) the term "made", when used in relation to any invention, means the conception or first actual reduction to practice of such invention.
392. lappuse - Communications Satellite Act of 1962". DECLARATION OF POLICY AND PURPOSE SEC. 102. (a) The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United states to establish, in conjunction and in cooperation with other countries, as expeditiously as practicable a commercial communications satellite system, as part of an improved global communications network, which will be responsive to public needs and national objectives, which will serve the communication needs of the United States and other countries,...
13. lappuse - That, subject only to the provisions of the Tennessee Valley Authority Act of 1933, as amended, the Corporation is authorized to make such expenditures and to enter into such contracts, agreements, and arrangements, upon such terms and conditions and in such manner as it may deem necessary...
396. lappuse - The accounts of the Corporation shall be audited annually in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by independent certified public accountants or independent licensed public accountants certified or licensed by a regulatory authority of a State or other political subdivision of the United States.
59. lappuse - In order to achieve the objectives and to carry out the purposes of this Act...
146. lappuse - ... during the course of their flight through outer space. The Committee, bearing in mind that its terms of reference refer exclusively to the peaceful uses of outer space, believes that, with this practice, there may have been initiated the recognition or establishment of a generally accepted rule to the effect that, in principle, outer space is, on conditions of equality, freely available for exploration and use by all in accordance with existing or future international law or agreements.
8. lappuse - Act, the corporation is authorized to 1. plan, initiate, construct, own, manage, and operate itself or in conjunction with foreign governments or business entities a commercial communications satellite system; 2. furnish, for hire, channels of communication to United States communications common carriers and to other authorized entities, foreign and domestic; and 3. own and operate satellite terminal stations when licensed by the Commission under section 201 (c) (7).