Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Albia & Centerville Ames & College Atchison Board of Railroad Boone Valley Burlington & Northwestern Burlington & Quincy Burlington & Western cars Cedar Rapids Cent charges Chicago & North-Western Chicago Great Western City & Ft City & Northern City & Pacific coal commission complaint Council Bluffs court Crooked Creek crossing DEAR Dodge Dubuque & Sioux Fort Dodge Humeston & Shenandoah Illinois Central Railroad Iowa & Dakota Iowa Central Iowa Central Railway Iowa Northern Island & Pacific Junction Kansas City Keokuk & Northwestern Keokuk & Western Louis Marshalltown Mason City matter Milwaukee & St Minn Minneapolis & St Moines & Kansas Moines Union Northern & Western officers Omaha & St passenger petition Railroad Commissioners Railroad company Rapids & Northern rates respectfully Rock Island Santa Fe Secretary shipments Sioux City station Superintendent Tabor & Northern Topeka & Santa track Union Pacific Vice-President W. W. Ainsworth Wabash Winona & Western
342. lappuse - President; but their successors shall be appointed for terms of six years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the Commissioner whom he shall succeed. Any Commissioner may be removed by the President for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office.
336. lappuse - That if any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act shall, directly or indirectly, by any special rate, rebate, drawback, or other device, charge, demand, collect or receive from any person or persons a greater or less compensation...
375. lappuse - Columbia, or in restraint of trade or commerce between any such Territory and another, or between any such Territory or Territories and any State or States or the District of Columbia, or with foreign nations, or between the District of Columbia and any State or States or foreign nations, is hereby declared illegal.
351. lappuse - But no person shall be prosecuted or subjected to any penalty or forfeiture for or on account of any transaction, matter or thing, concerning which he may testify, or produce evidence, documentary or otherwise, before said commission, or in obedience to its subpoena, or the subpoena of either of them, or in any such case or proceeding : Provided, that no person so testifying shall be exempt from prosecution and punishment for perjury committed in so testifying.
376. lappuse - ... in the course of transportation from one State to another, or to a foreign country, shall be forfeited to the United States, and may be seized and condemned by like proceedings as those provided by law for the forfeiture, seizure, and condemnation of property imported into the United States contrary to law.
376. lappuse - Any person who shall be injured in his business or property by any other person or corporation by reason of anything forbidden or declared to be unlawful by this act may sue therefor in any Circuit Court of the United States in the district in which the defendant resides or is found, without respect to the amount in controversy, and shall recover three-fold the damages by him sustained, and the costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee. Sec. 8. That the word "person,
342. lappuse - ... hereby declared to be a misdemeanor, and shall, upon conviction thereof in any court of the United States of competent jurisdiction within the district in which such offense was committed, be subject for each offense to a fine of not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment in the penitentiary for a term of not exceeding two years, or both, in the discretion of the court.
343. lappuse - ... to give evidence touching the matter in question ; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by such court as a contempt thereof.
348. lappuse - Witnesses summoned before the Commission shall be paid the same fees and mileage that are paid witnesses in the courts of the United States. All of the expenses of the Commission, including all necessary expenses for transportation incurred by the Commissioners, or by their employees under their orders, in making any investigation...
336. lappuse - That the provisions of this act shall apply to any common carrier or carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers or property wholly by railroad, or partly by railroad and partly by water when both are used, under a common control, management, or arrangement, for a continuous carriage or shipment...