Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Academy of Sciences activities Advisory American Society annual anthropology appointed appropriation Army assistant Association biological biology and agriculture building Calif Cambridge Carnegie carried Charles chemical chemistry chief College completed conference Conn continued cooperation Department director division Education Electric engineering established ex officio executive board EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Federal field Foundation funds geologist geology George Government Harvard University held Henry important industrial Institute interest International Iowa joint July laboratory maintenance Mass mathematics medicine meeting methods Michigan Mines National Academy National Research Council Navy officers Ohio organization period physics Plant prepared present president problems professor professor of physics psychology publication published relations representatives request Rockefeller School scientific secretary secure Standards Street Subcommittee Survey technical tests tion Union United States Bureau University various Vernon Kellogg vice chairman Washington welding York City
16. lappuse - Meyer, of the Bureau of Plant Industry of the United States Department of Agriculture...
14. lappuse - Hale brought to the attention of the meeting the question of a popular journal to be published jointly by the National Academy of Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and stated that the matter would be brought up later for further consideration.
42. lappuse - In such cases the administration must assume full responsibility and the American Association of University Professors and the Association of American Colleges are free to make an investigation. 1970 Interpretive Comments Following extensive discussions on the 1940 Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure...
74. lappuse - The tenth annual symposium on the chemistry of colloids, arranged under the joint sponsorship of the division of chemistry and chemical technology of the National Research Council...
72. lappuse - To direct the attention of scientific and technical investigators to the present importance of military and industrial problems in connection with the war, and to aid in the solution of these problems by organizing specific researches. 6. To gather and collate scientific and technical information at home and abroad, in co-operation with Governmental and other agencies and to render such information available to duly accredited persons.
36. lappuse - ... of, the United States Geological Survey, the United States Bureau of Mines, and the American Association of State Geologists were invited.
8. lappuse - Report of the committee on marine piling investigations of the division of engineering and industrial research of the National Research Council.
67. lappuse - Council to promote research in the mathematical, physical, and biological sciences, and in the application of these sciences to engineering, agriculture, medicine, and other useful arts, with the object of Increasing knowledge, of strengthening the national defense, and of contributing in other ways to the public welfare, as expressed in the Executive order of May 11, 1918.
2. lappuse - ... applied science used in these activities depends. Its membership is largely composed of accredited representatives of about seventy-five national scientific and technical societies. Its essential purpose is the promotion of scientific research and of the application and dissemination of scientific knowledge for the benefit of the national strength and well-being.