Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action adverse possession alleged allowed amount appeal application appraisers assessed assignment authority Bank benefit bill bonds brought building cause charge Chicago Circuit Court claim commissioners Congress constitution construction contract corporation course damages decision decree defendant delivered determined direction District effect entered entitled error evidence execution fact filed finding follows further give given grant held hide Illinois improvement intent interest Iowa issued January judgment jurisdiction Justice land lien limits March matter Michigan Missouri notice officers Opinion original owner paid parties passed patent payment persons petition plaintiff plans possession present proceedings purchase question Railroad Railway reason received record referred respect river rule separate Stat Statement statute suit Supreme Court taken Texas thereof tion United vessels Wall York
272. lappuse - All claims founded upon the Constitution of the United States or any law of Congress, except for pensions, or upon any regulation of an Executive Department, or upon any contract, expressed or implied, with the Government of the United States, or for damages, liquidated or unliquidated, in cases not sounding in tort, in respect of which claims the party would be entitled to redress against the United States either in a court of law, equity, or admiralty if the United States were suable...
519. lappuse - ... the highest court of a State in which a decision could be had, where is drawn in question the validity of a treaty or statute of the United States ; or where is drawn in question the validity of a statute of any State, on the ground of its being...
652. lappuse - that the laws of the several States, except where the Constitution, treaties, or statutes of the United States shall otherwise require or provide, shall be regarded as rules of decision in trials at common law in the courts of the United States, in cases where they apply.
619. lappuse - further enacted, that upon all debts or 'sums certain, payable at a certain " time or otherwise, the jury on the trial of any issue, or on any inquisition " of damages, may, if they shall think fit...
207. lappuse - The general assembly may vest the corporate authorities of cities, towns and villages with power to make local improvements by special assessment or by special taxation of contiguous property 'or otherwise. For all other corporate purposes, all municipal corporations may be vested with authority to assess and collect taxes; but such taxes shall be uniform in respect to persons and property within the jurisdiction of the body imposing the same.
319. lappuse - States, in full and absolute right and exclusive jurisdiction, as well of soil as of persons residing or to reside thereon, pursuant to the tenor and effect of the eighth section of the first article of the constitution of the Government of the United States...
251. lappuse - ... in such manner as may be prescribed by law, and until the same shall be paid to the owner, or into court for the owner, the property shall not be needlessly disturbed, or the proprietary rights of the owner therein divested...
505. lappuse - no suit, either at law or in equity, shall be maintainable in any court between an assignee in bankruptcy and a person claiming an adverse interest, touching any property or rights of property transferable to or vested in *such assignee, unless brought within two years from the time when the cause of action accrued for or against such assignee.
596. lappuse - Missouri, which could not be raised to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of the United States for the Western Division of the Western District; and that no question as to the jurisdiction of the latter court should be waived.
194. lappuse - The corporate authorities of counties, townships, school districts, cities, towns and villages may be vested with power to assess and collect taxes for corporate purposes, such taxes to be uniform in respect to persons and property, within the jurisdiction of the body imposing the same.