Study of the Overall State of the Federal Tax System and Recommendations for Simplification, Pursuant to Section 8022(3)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 3. sējums
U.S. Government Printing Office, 2001 - 251 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities agreement alimony allowed amount apply approach argued basis cash cash payments changes child support claim Comm'r Committee compensation complexity Congress considered constitute context continue corporation couple Court death deductible described determine distribution divorce decree doctrine earned effect EITC example excess exempt organizations exempt purpose fact federal tax firms gain gross income held includable income tax individuals intended interest inurement issue John marital means obligation operating paid parties payee payments payor period prior private benefit property settlement proposed qualify question reason received recipient redemption regarding regulations Report respect result rule separate Service shifting Simplification spouse statute structure support payments supra note Task Tax Court tax system taxable taxation taxpayers third party transaction transfer Treasury treated treatment UBIT unit University
32. lappuse - In the case of a wife who is divorced or legally separated from her husband under a decree of divorce or of separate maintenance, periodic payments (whether or not made at regular intervals) received subsequent to such decree...
21. lappuse - gross income" includes gains, profits, and income derived from salaries, wages, or compensation for personal service ... of whatever kind and in whatever form paid, or from professions, vocations, trades, businesses, commerce, or sales, or dealings in property, whether real or personal, growing out of the ownership or use of or interest in such property; also from interest, rent, dividends, securities, or the transaction of any business carried on for gain or profit, or gains or profits and income...
27. lappuse - ... fix, in terms of an amount of money or a portion of such income, as a sum which is payable for the support of minor children of such husband.
185. lappuse - ... organized and operated exclusively for the mutual benefit of their members, nor to any corporation or association organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, or educational purposes, no part of the net income of which inures to the benefit of any private stockholder or individual...
22. lappuse - ... in the interpretation of statutes levying taxes it is the established rule not to extend their provisions, by implication, beyond the clear import of the language used, or to enlarge their operations so as to embrace matters not specifically pointed out. In case of doubt they are construed most strongly against the Government, and in favor of the citizen.
65. lappuse - An individual legally separated from his spouse under a decree of divorce or of separate maintenance shall not be considered as married.
32. lappuse - For purposes of subsection (a), installment payments discharging a part of an obligation the principal sum of which Is, either in terms of money or property, specified in the decree, instrument, or agreement shall not be treated as periodic payments.
36. lappuse - Section 71 (a) applies only to payments made because of the family or marital relationship in recognition of the general obligation to support which is made specific by the decree, instrument, or agreement.
141. lappuse - Corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals...