Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action affirmed Amendment applied argued assistance association Attorney authority Board BRENNAN brief C. A. 9th Cir California cause Certiorari denied Circuit circumstances City claim Clause Commerce Commissioner concerning concluded conduct Congress consider constitutional conviction Corp counsel County Court of Appeals criminal death decision defendant Department determine dissenting District Court effect ET AL evidence Exception excluded fact federal filed finding Florida follow Fourth Amendment funds Government granted held holding Illinois interest Island issue judgment juror jury JUSTICE lands language limited mark MARSHALL meaning ment Michigan Mills Motion noted October officers Ohio Opinion party penalty person petition petitioner police present probable protection provides question reasonable received record Reported respondent result reversed rule Secretary sentence Service Smith standard statement statute STEVENS supra tion trial United violation York
9. lappuse - ... a statute which either forbids or requires the doing of an act in terms so vague that men of common intelligence must necessarily guess at its meaning and differ as to its application violates the first essential of due process of law.
135. lappuse - Upon the sale or exchange of property the entire amount of the gain or loss, determined under section 111, shall be recognized, except as hereinafter provided in this section.
51. lappuse - Relevant evidence" means evidence having any tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the determination of the action more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence.
10. lappuse - It would certainly be dangerous if the legislature could set a net large enough to catch all possible offenders, and leave it to the courts to step inside and say who could be rightfully detained and who should be set at large.
187. lappuse - Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the US Copyright Law...
156. lappuse - fixed" in a tangible medium of expression when its embodiment in a copy or phonorecord, by or under the authority of the author, is sufficiently permanent or stable to permit it to be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated for a period of more than transitory duration. A work consisting of sounds, images, or both, that are being transmitted, is "fixed" for purposes of this title if a fixation of the work is being made simultaneously with its transmission.
551. lappuse - The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.
307. lappuse - MR. CHIEF JUSTICE BURGER delivered the opinion of the Court. We granted certiorari in this case to...