Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
agent agricultural alien altho American amount arrival average banks become birth Bohemian born Canadian cent charge Chinese cities classes coming Commerce and Labor Commission communities considerable Croatian earnings effect employed employees employment engaged English enter established Europe European fact families farm foreign father foreign-born French German Government grant Greek hand head Hebrew households houses immi important industrial institutions Irish Italian Italy Japanese land less Lithuanian living Magyar males manufacturing mining native-born NATIVITY AND RACE nature Negro North occupations officer period persons Polish population port Portuguese present proportion question recent immigrant regarding representatives residence result Russian schools Secretary of Commerce secure Slovak Slovenian South southern and eastern speak specified STUDY Syrian taken tion Total native-born United usually vessel wage-earners wages women York
311. lappuse - The United States of America and the Emperor of China cordially recognize the inherent and inalienable right of man to change his home and allegiance, and also the mutual advantage of the free migration and emigration of their citizens and subjects respectively from the one country to the other for purposes of curiosity, of trade, or as permanent residents.
328. lappuse - And provided further. That skilled labor may be imported if labor of like kind unemployed can not be found in this country: And provided further. That the provisions of this law applicable to contract labor shall not be held to exclude professional actors, artists, lecturers, singers, ministers of any religious denomination, professors for colleges or seminaries, persons belonging to any...
347. lappuse - ... anarchists, or persons who believe in or advocate the overthrow by force or violence of the Government of the United States, or of all government, or of all forms of law, or the assassination of public officials...
381. lappuse - That all aliens arriving by water at the ports of the United States shall be listed in convenient groups, and no one list or manifest shall contain more than thirty names. To each alien or head of a family shall be given a ticket on which shall be written his name, a number or letter designating...
393. lappuse - ... he shall establish such rules and regulations, prescribe such forms of bond, reports, entries, and other papers, and shall issue from time to time such instructions, not inconsistent with law, as he shall deem best calculated for carrying out the provisions of this act and for protecting the United States and aliens migrating thereto from fraud and loss...
375. lappuse - ... collector of customs of the customs district in which the port of arrival is located the sum of one hundred dollars for each and every violation of the provisions of this section...
390. lappuse - ... any alien who shall be found an inmate of or connected with the management of a house of prostitution or practicing prostitution after such alien shall have entered the United States, or who shall receive, share in, or derive benefit from any part of the earnings of any prostitute...
374. lappuse - States; and separate suits may be brought for each alien thus promised labor or service of any kind as aforesaid. And it shall be the duty of the district attorney of the proper district to prosecute every such suit when brought by the United States.
368. lappuse - as used in the title as well as in the various sections of this act shall be construed to mean the United States, and any waters, territory, or other place subject to the jurisdiction thereof, except the Isthmian Canal Zone...