Library Services and Construction Amendments of 1970, Hearing Before the Select Subcommittee on Education....91-2 on H.R. 16365 and S. 3318
1970 - 115 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accord action activities additional administration agency allotment amended American amount appropriated approved archival areas assistance authorized banks believe bill Board Board of Governors BRADEMAS building carrying Chairman changes Commissioner Committee Congress consolidation Construction Act continue cooperation Council debt Director discussion economic Education effective ending established evaluation extend Federal Reserve Federal Reserve banks Federal Reserve System fiscal funds given Government grants hearing House important improve increase institutions interest Jersey June legislation less Librarian Library Association library services LSCA March materials means meet million monetary policy needs Office operation percent period persons present President problems projects proposed public library question reading reason recommend record represented requirements responsibility Senate serve Services and Construction staff statement Subcommittee submitted supply System term Thank tion Treasury United
12. lappuse - State plan approved under subsection (a) , finds that (1) the State plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of subsection (a), or (2) in the administration of the plan there is a failure to comply substantially with any such provision...
16. lappuse - United States for the three most recent consecutive years for which satisfactory data are available from the Department of Commerce. Such promulgation shall be conclusive for each of the two fiscal years in the period beginning July 1 next succeeding such promulgation...
11. lappuse - Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence. (3) The court shall have jurisdiction to affirm the action of the Commissioner or to set it aside, in whole or in part. The judgment of the court shall be subject to review by the Supreme Court of the United States upon certiorari or certification as provided in section 1254 of title 28, United States Code.
16. lappuse - Commissioner may waive the application of this subsection in cases or classes of cases where laborers or mechanics, not otherwise employed at any time in the construction of the project, voluntarily donate their services for the purpose of lowering the costs of construction and the Commissioner determines that any amounts saved thereby are fully credited to the educational institution undertaking the construction.
21. lappuse - But we believe that the advantages of avoiding inflation are so great and that a restrictive monetary policy can contribute so much to this end that the freedom of the Federal Reserve to restrict credit and raise interest rates for general stabilization purposes should be restored even if the cost should prove to be a significant increase in service charges on the Federal debt and a greater inconvenience to the Treasury in its sale of securities for new financing and refunding purposes.
10. lappuse - Commissioner may reasonably require to carry out his functions under this part, and for the keeping of such records and for affording such access thereto as the Commissioner may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports...
28. lappuse - States being reduced to the extent it exceeds the amount which the Commissioner estimates the State needs and will be able to use for such period of time for which the original allotments were...
18. lappuse - State" means a State, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, or the Virgin Islands ; (b) The term "State library administrative agency" means the official State agency charged by State law with the extension and development of public library services throughout the State ; (c) The term "public library
13. lappuse - Federal share" for any State shall be 100 per centum less the State percentage and the State percentage shall be that percentage which bears the same ratio to 50 per centum as the per capita income of such State bears to the per capita income of the continental United States (excluding Alaska), except that (1) the Federal share...