Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
appears believe better bring brother Busy captain Catiline Cato cause Cicero Cokes comes common consul Enter Exit eyes Face Fair faith fall fathers fear fire followed fortune gentlemen give gold Grace hand hath head hear hold honour hope I'll Italy Jonson justice keep kind Knock lady Leath leave less light Littlewit live look lord lost madam master means mind mistress nature never night Numps observes Overdo play poet poor pray present Quar Re-enter Rome SCENE seems senate shew shillings sister speak spirit stand stay Subtle tell term thee there's thing thou thought true turn unto vapours warrant Waspe WHAL Whit whole Winw
59. lappuse - I'll go look A little, how it heightens. [Exit.] MAM. Do. My shirts I'll have of taffeta-sarsnet,* soft and light As cobwebs; and for all my other raiment, It shall be such as might provoke the Persian, Were he to teach the world riot anew. My gloves of fishes and birds' skins, perfum'd With gums of paradise, and Eastern air SUR.
46. lappuse - Three years, but we have reach'd it in ten months. This is the day wherein, to all my friends, I will pronounce the happy word. Be rich.
150. lappuse - I might have wrong'd your honour, and have not, I claim some interest in your love. You are, They say, a widow, rich ; and I'ma bachelor, Worth nought: your fortunes may make me a man, As mine have preserv'd you a woman.
98. lappuse - By names of Tribulation, Persecution, Restraint, Long-patience, and such like, affected By the whole family or wood of you, Only for glory, and to catch the ear Of the disciple. Tri. Truly, sir, they are Ways that the godly brethren have invented, For propagation of the glorious cause, As very notable means, and whereby also Themselves grow soon, and profitably famous. Sub. O, but the stone, all's idle to it ! nothing ! The art of angels...
230. lappuse - Sejanus you may take notice of the scene betwixt Livia and the physician which is a pleasant satire upon the artificial helps of beauty: in Catiline you may see the parliament of women; the little envies of them to one another; and all that passes betwixt Curio and Fulvia: scenes admirable in their kind, but of an ill mingle with the rest.
371. lappuse - If there be never a servant monster in the fair, who can help it, he says, nor a nest of antiques ? he is loth to make nature afraid in his plays, like those that beget tales, tempests, and such like drolleries...
50. lappuse - I'll give away so much unto my man Shall serve the whole city with preservative Weekly ; each house his dose, and at the rate Sur. As he that built the waterwork does with water ? Mam. You are incredulous. Sur. Faith, I have a humour I would not willingly be gull'd.
37. lappuse - ... he could take away a man's life, though in truth he could do no such thing : yet this were a just law made by the state, that whosoever should turn his hat thrice, and cry buz, with an intention to take away a man's life, shall be put to death.