Nomination of Harold Furchtgott-Roth, Michael Powell, and Gloria Tristani, to be Members of the Federal Communications Commission: Hearing Before the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, One Hundred Fifth Congress, First Session, September 30, 1997
U.S. Government Printing Office, 2000 - 148 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
advertising agency agreements allow American Answer applicants appropriate areas auctions authority believe benefits broadcast cable carriers Chairman charge clear Commission Commissioner committed Committee communications companies competition concerns confirmed Congress consider consistent consumers continue decision digital television directed economic ensure FCC's Federal foreign fund FURCHTGOTT-ROTH further goal going hearing high cost implement important increases industry intent issues LIBRARY licenses limited long distance look matter means mechanisms ment needs nominees obligation offer opinion opportunity ownership position Powell pricing proceeding promote public interest Question rates reasonably recent record regulation regulatory requirement responsibility result role rules rural satellite Senator serve small businesses specific statement stations statute sufficient tele Telecommunications Act telephone television Thank tion Tristani understand universal service
40. lappuse - For the purpose of regulating interstate and foreign commerce in communication by wire and radio so as to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States a rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges...
90. lappuse - Notwithstanding subsections (b), (c), and (d), a telecommunications carrier that provides telephone exchange service shall provide subscriber list information gathered in its capacity as a provider of such service on a timely and unbundled basis, under nondiscriminatory and reasonable rates, terms, and conditions, to any person upon request for the purpose of publishing directories in any format.
18. lappuse - No State or local statute or regulation, or other State or local legal requirement, may prohibit or have the effect of prohibiting the ability of any entity to provide any interstate or intrastate telecommunications service.
118. lappuse - Consumers in all regions of the Nation, including low-income consumers and those in rural, insular, and high cost areas, should have access to telecommunications and information services, including interexchange services and advanced telecommunications and information services, that are reasonably comparable to those services provided in urban areas and that are available at rates that are reasonably comparable to rates charged for similar services in urban areas.
87. lappuse - All providers of telecommunications services should make an equitable and nondiscriminatory contribution to the preservation and advancement of universal service.
129. lappuse - Commission shall revise such regulations if necessary to ensure carriage, channel positioning, and nondiscriminatory treatment of nonaffiliated broadcast stations by a cable system described in paragraph (1). (g) LOCAL MARKETING AGREEMENTS- Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the origination, continuation, or renewal of any television local marketing agreement that is in compliance with the regulations of the Commission.
101. lappuse - Federal universal service support mechanisms. (g) INTEREXCHANGE AND INTERSTATE SERVICES. Within 6 months after the date of enactment of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Commission shall adopt rules to require that the rates charged by providers of interexchange telecommunications services to subscribers in rural and high cost areas shall be no higher than the rates charged by each such provider to its subscribers in urban areas.
2. lappuse - Without objection, so ordered. [The prepared statement of Senator Thurmond follows:] PREPARED STATEMENT OF HON. STROM THURMOND, A US SENATOR FROM THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA Mr. Chairman, it is a pleasure to receive testimony from the Veterans of Foreign Wars concerning their 1980 legislative goals.
40. lappuse - States a rapid, efficient, nation-wide, and worldwide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges, for the purpose of the national defense, for the purpose of promoting safety of life and property through the use of wire and radio communication, and for the purpose of securing a more effective execution of this policy by centralizing authority heretofore granted by law to several agencies and by granting additional authority with respect to interstate and foreign...
26. lappuse - Describe any business relationship, dealing or financial transaction which you have had during the last 10 years, whether for yourself, on behalf of a client, or acting as an agent, that could in any way constitute or result in a possible conflict of interest in the position to which you have been nominated. None Describe any activity during the past 10...