General Laws Relating to the Manufacture and Sale of Gas and Electricity by Persons and Corporations, Both Private and Municipal ...
Wright & Potter Print. Company, State Printers, 1914 - 252 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accounts Act relative Act to authorize Act to incorporate addition Amended amount annual apply appropriation approval assessment association board of gas bonds Boston capital stock certificate chapter charge city or town commissioners commonwealth construction contract corporation court debt determined director distributing district dollars duties effect electric company electric light employees examine expenses fees five four fund furnish gas and electric Gas Company Gas Light Company gas or electricity granted hearing hundred increase interest issue less liabilities lines manner manufacture Mass mayor meeting meter municipal nineteen hundred notes notice operating otherwise owner paid pany payment Penalty person pipes plant poles Power preceding provisions purchase reasonable records regulations restrictions selectmen sell shares stockholders street railway supplied thereof tion transfer treasurer vote Water wires
17. lappuse - ... (b) has revoked the delivery of the certificate, or the authority given by the indorsement or delivery of the certificate, or (c) has died or become legally incapacitated after the indorsement, whether before or after the delivery of the certificate, or (d) has received no consideration.
112. lappuse - Upon the complaint and application of the mayor and aldermen of a city, or the selectmen of a town...
20. lappuse - Value" is any consideration sufficient to support a simple contract. An antecedent or pre-existing obligation, whether for money or not, constitutes value where a certificate is taken either in satisfaction thereof or as security therefor. (2) A thing is done "in good faith...
20. lappuse - Delivery'' means voluntary transfer of possession from one person to another. "Person" includes a corporation or partnership or two or more persons having a joint or common interest. "To purchase" includes to take as mortgagee or as pledgee.
18. lappuse - Where a negotiable bill is transferred for value by delivery, and the indorsement of the transferor is essential for negotiation, the transferee acquires a right against the transferor to compel him to indorse the bill, unless a contrary intention appears. The negotiation shall take effect as of the time when the indorsement is actually made.
20. lappuse - A certificate is indorsed when an assignment or a power of attorney to sell, assign, or transfer the certificate or the shares represented thereby is written on the certificate and signed by the person appearing by the certificate to be the owner...
21. lappuse - ... whether made upon or shown by the books of the corporation, or by any assignment in blank, or by any delivery, or by any paper or agreement or memorandum or other evidence of transfer or sale...
121. lappuse - Any examiner who divulges any fact or information which may come to his knowledge during the course of such examination, except in so far as he may be directed by the Commission or by a court...
16. lappuse - Nothing in this act shall be construed as enlarging the powers of an infant or other person lacking full legal capacity, or of a trustee, executor or administrator, or other fiduciary, to make a valid indorsement, assignment or power of attorney.