Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action affirmed alleged amount appeal appellee application Argued authority bill bonds building cause charge claim common complainant condition contract corporation damages death deed defendant direct duty effect entered entitled error evidence exception existence fact filed further give given granted ground held intention interest issue Jersey John judge judgment jury land legacies limited March matter means ment necessary objection opinion owner paid parties passed payment person plaintiff possession present proceedings purchase question railroad reason received record referred relator respect road rule secure shares statute street sufficient suit Supreme Court taken term testimony tion town trial trust verdict witness writ
251. lappuse - State which may take and claim the benefit of this act to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college, where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts in such manner as the legislatures of the States may respectively prescribe in order to.
8. lappuse - We think it is a settled principle, growing out of the nature of well ordered civil society, that every holder of property, however absolute and unqualified may be his title, holds it under the implied liability that his use of it may be so regulated, that it shall not be injurious to the equal enjoyment of others having an equal right to the enjoyment of their property, nor injurious to the rights of the community.
417. lappuse - ... for a rule to show cause why a new trial should not be granted...
251. lappuse - ... without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts, in such manner as the legislatures of the States may respectively prescribe, in order to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the several pursuits and professions in life.
47. lappuse - Code, is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not longer than one year or in the state prison not longer than five years, or by fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000). Such offense must be proved by the testimony of two witnesses, or of one witness and corroborating circumstances.
189. lappuse - Any association or corporation, organized for the purpose, shall have the right to construct and operate a railroad between any points within this State, and to connect at the State line with railroads of other States.
251. lappuse - An Act to provide for the further development of agricultural extension work between the agricultural colleges in the several States receiving the benefits of the Act entitled 'An Act donating public lands to the several States and Territories which may provide colleges for the benefit of agriculture and the mechanic arts,
451. lappuse - Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said John Alden, 2nd, as and for his last will and testament, in the presence of us, who, at his request, and in his presence, and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses the day and year above written.
72. lappuse - In determining what is proximate cause, the true rule is that the injury must be the natural and probable consequence of the negligence; such a consequence as, under the surrounding circumstances of the case, might and ought to have been foreseen by the wrongdoer as likely to flow from his act.