Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
12 feet 9 inches ABCD altitude arc equal area of triangle axis base Books called centre chord circle whose radius circumference circumscribing common Compare cone contains cube cubic feet cylinder denote diagonal diameter difference divide draw edge ends English equal evidently Exercises expressed faces feet 6 inches figure find the area find the length Find the radius Find the volume foot frustum given half the sum height Hence hexagon inscribed Interpreting lateral surface lune magnitude mean measure multiplied nearer parallel passing perimeter perpendicular plane prism PROP proposition pyramid radii ratio rectangle rectangular parallelopiped right angle ring sector segment shew sides similar slant height solid sphere square feet square inches square yards Standard subtended taking total surface trapezoid triangle triangular unit values whole yards
1. lappuse - The area of the surface generated by a straight line revolving about an axis in its plane, is equal to the projection of the line on the axis multiplied by the circumference of the circle whose radius is the perpendicular erected at the middle of the line and terminated by the axis.
37. lappuse - A Cylindrical surface is a curved surface generated by a moving straight line which continually touches a given curve and in all its positions is parallel to a given fixed straight line not in the plane of the curve.
42. lappuse - A conical surface is a curved surface generated by a moving straight line which continually touches a given curve, and passes through a given fixed point not in the plane of the curve. Thus, if the straight line...
46. lappuse - A sphere is a solid bounded by a surface all points of which are equally distant from a point within called the centre.
97. lappuse - From this it readily follows that all the three lines drawn from the angles of a triangle to the middle of the opposite sides, pass through one and the same point.
46. lappuse - The axis of a circle of a sphere is the diameter of the sphere which is perpendicular to the plane of the circle. The ends of the axis are called the poles of the circle.
98. lappuse - The area of a regular inscribed hexagon is a mean proportional between the areas of the inscribed and circumscribed equilateral triangles.