Proposals for Improving the Regulation of the Housing Government Sponsored Enterprises: Hearings Before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, First and Second Sessions, on Essential Elements and Proposals of Regulatory Reform, Resolution of Accounting Issues, and Funding of a New Oversight Office, October 16, 23, 2003, February 10, 24, and 25, 2004
U.S. Government Printing Office, 2005 - 540 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ability able accounting activities additional affordable housing agency appropriate approval areas assets authority believe benefits Board capital standards Chairman SHELBY charter Committee companies concern Congress continue cost create debt directors effective ensure Enterprises entities established examiners example Fannie and Freddie Fannie Mae Federal Home Loan Freddie Mac funding goals going Government GSE's guarantee hearing hold Home Loan Banks homeownership housing finance housing goals housing GSE's important increase independent institutions interest investors issues legislation liquidity look Mae and Freddie meet Members mission mortgage move Office OFHEO operations oversight percent powers proposal purchase question registration regulator regulatory requirements responsibility risk role safety and soundness Secretary securities Senator SARBANES STATEMENT strong structure testimony Thank things Treasury
343. lappuse - To make any untrue statement of a material fact or to omit to state a material fact necessary in order to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which they were made, not misleading...
538. lappuse - ... checks, money orders, or similar instruments, any broker or dealer in securities registered or required to be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934...
259. lappuse - Administration (NCUA), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) and to make recommendations to promote uniformity in the supervision of financial institutions.
255. lappuse - Thank you for the opportunity to testify. I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
341. lappuse - I am pleased to have this opportunity to testify before you on behalf of the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC ). The SEC continues to support repeal of the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935 ("1935 Act").
412. lappuse - Mae), the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), and the Student Loan Marketing Association (Sallie Mae).
230. lappuse - Further, the Mortgage Bankers support certain core principles for effective regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. First, effective safety and soundness oversight is vital. The Treasury Department successfully regulates both national banks and Federal thrifts and has successfully demonstrated its ability to fulfill the role of a financial safety and soundness regulator. The Mortgage Bankers support establishing Treasury as the safety and soundness regulator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Second,...