Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
22 Stat act of June act of March action allowed amount appear apply appointed appropriation approved arising assignment assistant August authority bonds certified charged claim claimant clerk collected Commissioner compensation Compt Comptroller Congress considered construction contract court decided decision direct disbursing district attorney District of Columbia dollars duty effect employed entitled evidence executive exist expenses fact fees five fixed follows fund give given Government Grant held House hundred interest issued judgment July June 30 justice lands Lawrence limited March marshal matter meaning ment named necessary officers opinion original owner paid party payment perform person prescribed presented principle proceeds proper question reason receive referred regulations rendered representatives resolution Revised Statutes rule salary says Secretary specified Stat surplus thereof tion Treasury Department United warrant
266. lappuse - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use. and preservation of the records, papers, and property appertaining to it.
89. lappuse - All transfers and assignments made of any claim upon the United States, or of any part or share thereof, or interest therein, whether absolute or conditional, and whatever may be the consideration therefor, and all powers of attorney, orders, or other authorities for receiving payment of any such claim, or...
338. lappuse - I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I have never voluntarily borne arms against the United States since I have been a citizen thereof; that I have voluntarily given no aid, countenance, counsel, or encouragement to persons engaged in armed hostility thereto ; that I have neither sought nor accepted not attempted to exercise the functions of any office whatever under any authority or pretended authority in hostility to the United States...
41. lappuse - Whenever a patent, on application, is refused, either by the commissioner of patents, or by the supreme court of the District of Columbia upon appeal from the commissioner, the applicant may have remedy by bill In equity, and the court having cognizance thereof, on notice to adverse parties and other due proceedings had, may adjudge that such applicant Is entitled, according to law, to receive a patent for his invention, as specified in his claim, or for any part thereof, as the facts in the case...
322. lappuse - Such depositions may be taken before any judge of any court of the United States, or any commissioner of a circuit, or any clerk of a district or circuit court, or any chancellor, justice, or judge of a supreme or superior court, mayor or chief magistrate of a city, judge of a county court, or court of common pleas of any of the United States...
xxiii. lappuse - No officer in any branch of the public service, or any other person whose salary, pay, or emoluments are fixed by law or regulations, shall receive any additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation, in any form whatever, for the disbursement of public money, or for any other service or duty whatever, unless the same is authorized by law, and the appropriation therefor explicitly states that it is for such additional pay, extra allowance, or compensation.
97. lappuse - ... shall be absolutely null and void, unless they are freely made and executed in the presence of at least two attesting witnesses, after the allowance of such a claim, the ascertainment of the amount due, and the issuing of a warrant for the payment thereof.
96. lappuse - ... after the allowance of such a claim, the ascertainment of the amount due, and the issuing of a warrant for the payment thereof. Such transfers, assignments, and powers of attorney, must recite the warrant for payment, and must be acknowledged by the person making them, before an officer having authority to take acknowledgments of deeds, and shall be certified by the officer ; and it must appear by the certificate that the officer, at the time of the acknowledgment, read and fully explained the...
23. lappuse - Act to answer for the debt, default, or miscarriage of another person, being in writing, and signed by the party to be charged therewith or some other person by him thereunto lawfully authorized...