Federal Higher Education Programs Institutional Eligibility: Accreditation
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1975
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
academic activity administration admission affirmative action agency amended applicant appointment appropriate assistance authority basis benefits blacks charge Civil Rights colleges Commission compliance considered contract contractor decision Department designated determine Director discrimination effect efforts employees employment enforcement equal established evidence Executive Order fact faculty Federal female filed goals Grants groups Health hearing higher hiring individual institutions interest issued labor male matter means ment minority necessary notice officer opportunity organization origin participate party percent performance period person position practices procedures proceeding prohibited promotion proposed pursuant qualified race reasonable received recipient record recruitment regulation request respect responsible result rules Secretary selection specific standards statement Subpart term tion Title VII United universities validity women
1286. lappuse - It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer (1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin...
881. lappuse - labor organization" means any organization of any kind, or any agency or employee representation committee or plan, in which employees participate and which exists for the purpose, in whole or in part, of dealing with employers concerning grievances, labor disputes, wages, rates of pay, hours of employment, or conditions of work.
1061. lappuse - Nothing contained in this title shall be interpreted to require any employer, employment agency, labor organization, or joint labor-management committee subject to this title to grant preferential treatment to any individual or to any group because of the race, color, religion, sex, or national origin...
780. lappuse - ... in comparison with the total number or percentage of persons of such race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in any community, State, section, or other area, or in the available work force in any community, State, section, or other area.
778. lappuse - industry affecting commerce" means any activity, business, or industry in commerce or in which a labor dispute would hinder or obstruct commerce or the free flow of commerce and includes any activity or industry "affecting commerce...
932. lappuse - Labor, or as otherwise provided by law. (7) The contractor will include the provisions of paragraphs (1) through (7) in every subcontract or purchase order unless exempted by rules, regulations or orders of the Secretary of Labor issued pursuant to section 204 of Executive Order 11246 of September 24.
739. lappuse - Each Federal department and agency which is empowered to extend Federal financial assistance to any program or activity, by way of grant, loan, or contract other than a contract of insurance or guaranty...
779. lappuse - ... it shall not be an unlawful employment practice for a school, college, university, or other educational institution or institution of learning to hire and employ employees of a particular religion if such school, college, university, or other educational institution or institution of learning is, in whole or in substantial part, owned, supported, controlled, or managed by a particular religion or by a particular religious corporation, association, or society, or if the curriculum of such school,...
901. lappuse - The contractor will send to each labor union or representative of workers with which he has a collective bargaining agreement or other contract or understanding, a notice, to be provided by the agency contracting officer, advising the labor union or workers' representative of the contractor's commitments under Section 202 of Executive Order No.
782. lappuse - ... before the expiration of sixty days after proceedings have been commenced under the State or local law, unless such proceedings have been earlier terminated, provided that such sixty-day period shall be extended to one hundred and twenty days during the first year after the effective date of such State or local law.