Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance addition agreement amended amended to read America in Congress amount application appropriated Approved authorized carrier carry cause centum certificate charge charter citizen claim Commission Congress assembled construction contract corporation cost court deemed designated determined district documented effect employed employees enacted entitled equipment established existing extend filed foreign fund further Government hereby House of Representatives hundred inspection interest issued June jurisdiction laws less license light loan March Maritime master means ment Merchant Marine Act mortgage Navy necessary officer operation otherwise owner paid Panama passengers payment period permit person port possession prescribed President purchase read as follows reasonable receive regulations relating respect rules Secretary of Commerce Senate and House SESSION ship Stat subsection suit Territory thereof tion trade transportation Treasury United unless vessel violation
105. lappuse - ... a bright white light so constructed as to show an unbroken light over an arc of the horizon of twenty points of the compass, so fixed as to throw the light ten points on each side of the vessel, namely, from right ahead to two points abaft the beam on either side, and of such character as to be visible at a distance of at least five miles.
259. lappuse - States the sum of $100 for each and every day of the continuance of such failure, which forfeiture shall be payable into the Treasury of the United States, and shall be recoverable in a civil suit in the name of the United States...
308. lappuse - Any and all notes, debentures, bonds, or other such obligations issued by the corporation shall be exempt both as to principal and interest from all taxation (except surtaxes, estate, inheritance, and gift taxes) now or hereafter imposed by the United States, by any Territory, dependency, or possession thereof, or by any State, county, municipality, or local taxing authority.
163. lappuse - The notice in writing need not be given if the state of the goods has at the time of their receipt been the subject of joint survey or inspection. In any event, the carrier and the ship shall be discharged from all liability in respect of loss or damage unless suit is brought within one year after delivery of the goods or the date when the goods should have been delivered...
640. lappuse - ... feet above the hull, one such light, and at or near the stern of the vessel, and at such a height that it shall be not less than 15 feet lower than the forward light,, another such light.
637. lappuse - Whenever, as in the case of small vessels under way during bad weather, the green and red side lights cannot be fixed, these lights shall be kept at hand, lighted and ready for use : and shall, on the approach of or to other vessels, be exhibited on their respective sides in sufficient time to prevent collision, in such manner as to make them most visible, and so that the green light shall not be seen on the port side nor the red light on the starboard side, nor, if practicable, more than two points...
643. lappuse - When two steam vessels are meeting end on, or nearly end on, so as to involve risk of collision, each shall alter her course to starboard, so that each may pass on the port side of the other.
200. lappuse - ... (c) owned and operated under the United States flag by citizens of the United States insofar as may be practicable, and (d) composed of the best-equipped, safest, and most suitable types of vessels, constructed in the United States and manned with a trained and efficient citizen personnel. It is hereby declared to be the policy of the United States to foster the development and encourage the maintenance of such a merchant marine.