Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year ..., 19. sējums
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
American amount annual army Association authority banks bill bonds British building called capital carried cause cent cents per pound centum ad valorem Chinese Church committee Congress containing convention cost Court debt demand duty elected England established estimated exports favor fire force foreign francs fund give gold Government half held House imports increase interest iron Island Italy Japanese June killed labor land less manufactured March measure meeting ment miles Minister months native obtained officers paid party passed persons population ports present President protection railroads received represented result river schools Secretary Senate sent ships showed silver Society South square sugar tariff tion tons trade train troops Union United vessels vote York
225. lappuse - State do agree and declare that they forever disclaim all right and title to the unappropriated public lands lying within the boundaries thereof, and to all lands lying within said limits owned or held by any Indian or Indian tribes; and that until the title thereto shall have been extinguished by the United States, the same shall be and remain subject to the disposition of the United States...
222. lappuse - ... shall be enjoined or otherwise prohibited. When the parties complained of shall have been duly notified of such petition the court shall proceed, as soon as may be, to the hearing and determination of the case; and pending such petition and before final decree the court may at any time make such temporary restraining order or prohibition as shall be deemed just in the premises.
222. lappuse - Whenever it shall appear to the court before which any proceeding under section four of this act may be pending, that the ends of justice require that other parties should be brought before the court...
206. lappuse - Articles the growth, produce, and manufacture of the United States, when returned after having been exported, without having been advanced in value or improved in condition by any process of manufacture or other means...
213. lappuse - That where imported materials on which duties have been paid are used in the manufacture of articles manufactured or produced in the United States, there shall be allowed on the exportation of such articles a drawback equal in amount to the duties paid on the materials used, less one per centum of such duties...
214. lappuse - January, nineteen hundred, there shall be assessed, levied, collected, and paid annually upon the gains, profits, and income, received in the preceding calendar year by every citizen of the United States, whether residing at home or abroad, and every person residing therein, whether said gains, profits, or income be derived from any kind of property, rents, interest, dividends or salaries, or from any profession, trade, employment, or vocation carried on in the United States or elsewhere, or from...
387. lappuse - When the Imperial Diet has not voted on the Budget, or when the Budget has not been brought into actual existence, the Government shall carry out the Budget of the preceding year.
214. lappuse - States or elsewhere, or from any other source whatever, a tax of two per centum on the amount so derived over and above four thousand dollars; and a like tax shall be levied, collected, and paid annually upon the gains, profits, and income from all property owned and of every business, trade, or profession carried on in the United States by persons residing without the United States.
222. lappuse - SEC. 4. The several circuit courts of the United States are hereby invested with jurisdiction to prevent and restrain violations of this act; and it shall be the duty of the several district attorneys of the United States, in their respective districts, under the direction of the attorney-general, to institute proceedings in equity to prevent and restrain such violations.
222. lappuse - ... the repeal of existing laws or modifications thereof embraced in this act shall not affect any act done, or any right accruing or accrued, or any suit or proceeding had or commenced in any civil cause before...