Adult Basic Education: Hearings Before the General Subcommittee on Labor and Select Subcommittee on Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on H. R. 10143 and H. R. 10191, Bills to Encourage State Programs of Adult Basic Education
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 416 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able adult education agency American assistance Association basic education become bill certainly Chairman citizens City classes Commissioner committee completed concerned continue course Department director district education program effective effort elementary employment English enrolled fact Federal feel field functionally funds give Government grade high school hope illiteracy illiterate important improve increased individual industry instruction interest Kentucky kind labor legislation less letter literacy materials means meet Michigan million Office opportunity percent PERKINS persons population prepared present president problem public schools question read and write reason record Representatives responsibility skills statement teachers teaching Thank thing tion trying United University Washington welfare workers York
3. lappuse - A copy of the petition shall be forthwith transmitted by the clerk of the court to the Secretary, or any officer designated by him for that purpose. The Secretary thereupon shall file in the court the record of the proceedings on which he based his action, as provided In section 2112 of title 28, United States Code. Upon the filing of such petition, the court shall have jurisdiction to affirm the action of the Secretary or to set it aside, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, but until...
307. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
301. lappuse - Upon the filing of such petition, the court shall have jurisdiction to affirm the action of the Commissioner or to set it aside, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, but until the filing of the record, the Commissioner may modify or set aside his order. The findings of the Commissioner as to the facts, if supported by substantial evidence, shall be conclusive...
6. lappuse - local educational agency" means a public board of education or other public authority legally constituted within a State for either administrative control or direction of, or to perform a service function for, public elementary or secondary schools In a city, county, township, school district, or other political subdivision of a State, or...
150. lappuse - If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
6. lappuse - Commissioner may thereupon make new or modified findings of fact and may modify his previous action, and shall file in the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence.
6. lappuse - State plan not affected by such failure) . "(c) A State which is dissatisfied with a final action of the Secretary under subsection (a) or (b) may appeal to the United States court of appeals for the circuit in which the State is located, by filing a petition with such court within sixty days after such final action.
6. lappuse - State plan approved under this title, finds that (1) the State plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of section 306, or (2) in the administration of the plan there is a failure to comply substantially With any such provision. the Commissioner shall notify such State agency that no further payments...
301. lappuse - Code. (b) The findings of fact by the Secretary, if supported by substantial evidence, shall be conclusive ; but the court for good cause shown, may remand the case to the Secretary to take...
3. lappuse - State plan approved under subsection (c), finds that (1) the State plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of subsection (c) , or (2) in the administration of the plan there is a failure to comply substantially with any such provision, the Commissioner shall notify such State agency that no further payments...