Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action admission adopted amendment annual Appeals application appointed approved attorney authority Baltimore bill Board Boston called Chairman Chapter Charles Chicago City Cleveland committee constitution course court Denver District Edward Elected established examination Executive Committee fact Frank Frederick George give Henry interest issued James John Joseph judges judicial justice law school lawyers legislation license Little Louis marriage Mass matter meeting Michigan Milwaukee Minn Minneapolis Ohio opinion Orleans parties passed patent Paul person Philadelphia Portland practice present President procedure profession providing question reason received recommended referred regulating relating resolution Robert Roscoe Pound rules Samuel Seattle Secretary Senate Smith statute student suggestion Supreme Court Thomas tion United University Walter Wash Washington William York
1235. lappuse - I will abstain from all offensive personality, and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness, unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged; I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delay any man's cause for lucre or malice. So HELP ME GOD.
453. lappuse - In any case not provided for in this act, the rules of law and equity including the law merchant and in particular the rules relating to the law of principal and agent and to the effect of fraud, misrepresentation, duress or coercion, mistake, bankruptcy or other invalidating cause shall govern.
451. lappuse - ... may be defeated by the levy of an attachment or execution upon the goods by a creditor of the transferor, or by a notification to such bailee by the transferor or a subsequent purchaser from the transferor of a subsequent sale of the goods by the transferor.
452. lappuse - That he has knowledge of no fact which would impair the validity or worth of the receipt, and (d) That he has a right to transfer the title to the goods, and that the goods are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose whenever such warranties would have been implied, if the contract of the parties had been to transfer without a receipt the goods represented thereby.
451. lappuse - That where a negotiable bill is transferred for value by delivery, and the indorsement of the transferor is essential for negotiation, the transferee acquires a right against the transferor to compel him to indorse the bill, unless a contrary intention appears. The negotiation shall take effect as of the time when the indorsement is actually made.
284. lappuse - Why should there not be a patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? In our present differences, is either party without faith of being in the right? If the Almighty Ruler of Nations, with His eternal truth and justice, be on your side of the North, or on yours of the South, that truth and that justice will surely prevail by the judgment of this great tribunal of the American people.
485. lappuse - Provided, That the appeal must be taken within thirty days from the entry of such order or decree, and it shall take precedence in the appellate court; and the proceedings in other respects in the court below shall not be stayed, unless otherwise ordered by that court, or by the appellate court or a judge thereof, during the pendency of such appeal: Provided, further, That the court below may in its discretion require as a condition of the appeal an additional bond.
570. lappuse - If any person liable to pay any tax neglects or refuses to pay the same after demand, the amount (including any interest, penalty, additional amount, or addition to such tax, together with any costs that may accrue in addition thereto) shall be a lien in favor of the United States upon all property and rights to property, whether real or personal, belonging to such person.
1229. lappuse - Controversies with clients concerning compensation are to be avoided by the lawyer so far as shall be compatible with his self-respect and with his right to receive reasonable recompense for his services ; and lawsuits with clients should be resorted to only to prevent injustice, imposition or fraud.