Annual Report - National Commission on Libraries and Information Science
National Commission on Libraries and Information Science, 1971
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities addition agencies American appointed appropriate areas Assistant Association authorized base bibliographic centers Chairman collection Commission on Libraries Commission's Committee Conference continuing cooperation coordination Copyright designated Director document economic Education effective efforts established Executive existing Federal fiscal functions funding future Government groups hearings implementation improve Information Science information services institutions interest issues knowledge legislation Librarian library and information Library of Congress Library Services major materials meeting National Commission National Program nationwide NCLIS necessary needs objectives Office organizations participation persons planning President private sector problems professional Program for Library proposed public libraries publish recommendations records regional representatives request resolution responsibility role School Senate serve sharing society staff standards task force tion United University users Washington WHEREAS White House Conference York
32. lappuse - President at the time of appointment, and (Si) a member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed only for the remainder of such term.
55. lappuse - Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5703 of title 5, United States Code, for persons in the Government service employed intermittently.
33. lappuse - Code, but at rates not to exceed the rate specified at the time of such service for grade GS-18 in section 6332 of title 5, United States Code...
38. lappuse - Commission away from their homes or regular places of business, they may be .allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5703 of title 5, United States Code, for persons employed intermittently in the Government...
37. lappuse - The Commission is authorized to contract with Federal agencies and other public and private agencies to carry out any of its functions under subsection (a) and to publish and disseminate such reports, findings, studies, and records as it deems appropriate. (c) The Commission is further authorized to conduct such hearings at such times and places as it deems appropriate for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
36. lappuse - Congress on the implementation of national policy by such statements, presentations, and reports as it deems appropriate; (2) conduct studies, surveys, and analyses of the library and informational needs of the Nation, including the special library and informational needs of rural areas, of economically, socially, or culturally deprived persons and of elderly persons, and the means by which these needs may be met through information centers, through the libraries of elementary and secondary schools...
18. lappuse - January 31 of each year) a report on its activities during the preceding fiscal year; and (8) make and publish such additional reports as it deems to be necessary, including, but not limited to, reports of consultants, transcripts of testimony, summary reports, and reports of other Commission findings, studies, ana recommendations.
31. lappuse - Financial and administrative services (including those related to budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, personnel, and procurement) shall be provided the Commission by the General Services Administration, for which payment shall be made in advance, or by reimbursement from funds of the Commission in such amounts as may be agreed upon by the Chairman of the Commission and the...