Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Albia & Centerville Ames & College Atchison Boone Valley Burlington & Northwestern Burlington & Quincy Burlington & Western Cedar Rapids Cent charges Chicago & North-Western Chicago Great Western citizens City & Ft City & Northern City & Pacific coal corporation Council Bluffs court Crooked Creek damages Dodge Dubuque & Sioux employes fence Fort Dodge highway Illinois Central Railroad interstate Iowa & Dakota Iowa Central Iowa Northern Island & Pacific Junction Kansas City Keokuk & Western liable live stock Louis Mason City Milwaukee & St Minn Minneapolis & St Moines Union Muscatine NARROW GAUGE NARROW GAUGE ROADS Northern & Western Omaha & St operated passenger Paul petition POSTOFFICE ADDRESS railroad commissioners railroad company railway company Rapids & Northern rates Rock Island shipments shippers Sioux City Stacyville station Tabor & Northern thereof track train Union Pacific Wabash Winona & Western wrote the board
464. lappuse - That if any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act shall, directly or indirectly, by any special rate, rebate, drawback, or other device, charge, demand, collect, or receive from any person or persons a greater or less compensation...
246. lappuse - We hold, however, that the basis of all calculations as to the reasonableness of rates to be charged by a corporation maintaining a highway under legislative sanction must be the fair value of the property being used by it for the convenience of the public.
236. lappuse - If the company is deprived of the power of charging reasonable rates for the use of its property, and such deprivation takes place in the absence of an investigation by judicial machinery, it is deprived of the lawful use of its property, and thus, in substance and effect, of the property itself, without due process of law and in violation of the Constitution of the United States...
465. lappuse - ... of damages sustained in consequence of any such violation of the provisions of this act, together with a reasonable counsel or attorney's fee, to be fixed by the court in every case of recovery, which attorney's fee shall be taxed and collected as part of the costs in the case.
476. lappuse - ... nothing in this Act contained shall in any way abridge or alter the remedies now existing at common law or by statute, but the provisions of this Act are in addition to such remedies...
461. lappuse - railroad" as used in this Act shall include all bridges and ferries used or operated in connection with any railroad, and also all the road in use by any corporation operating a railroad, whether owned or operated under a contract. agreement, or lease ; and the term "transportation" shall include all instrumentalities of shipment or carriage.
230. lappuse - And the General Assembly shall, from time to time, pass laws establishing reasonable maximum rates of charges for the transportation of passengers and freight on the different railroads in this State.
230. lappuse - Railways heretofore constructed, or that may hereafter be constructed in this state, are hereby declared public highways, and shall be free to all persons for the transportation of their persons and property thereon, under such regulations as may be prescribed by law.