Aid to Elementary and Secondary Education: Hearings, Eighty-ninth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 2361 and H.R. 2362, 1. daļa
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1965 - 2128 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action activities additional administration American amount application appropriate approved areas arts assistance authorized average basic basis bill centers Chairman child classroom colleges Commissioner committee Congress construction cooperative cost departments designed determined educational agency effective elementary and secondary ending equipment expenditures facilities families Federal fiscal funds give going GOODELL Government grant Health high school improve income increase industrial institutions instructional interest kind learning legislation less materials means meet million necessary Office operation opportunity organization payments percent PERKINS persons present problems projects proposed public school pupils question reason receive record require respect school districts school system Secretary serve staff statement subsection teachers teaching term tion United University
18. lappuse - Nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to authorize any department, agency, officer, or employee of the United States to exercise any direction, supervision, or control over the curriculum, program of instruction, administration, or personnel of any educational institution or school system...
18. lappuse - local educational agency" means a public board of education or other public authority legally constituted within a State for either administrative control or direction of, or to perform a service function for public elementary or secondary schools in a city, county, township, school district, or other political subdivision of a State, or...
27. lappuse - Commissioner estimates such State needs and will be able to use for such year ; and the total of such reductions shall be similarly reallotted among the States whose proportionate amounts were not so reduced.
58. lappuse - State educational agency" means the State board of education or other agency or officer primarily responsible for the State supervision of public elementary and secondary schools, or, if there Is no such officer or agency, an officer or agency designated by the Governor or by State law...
135. lappuse - Congress hereby declares it to be the policy of the United States to provide financial assistance ... to local educational agencies serving areas with concentrations of children from low-income families to expand and improve their educational programs by various means (including preschool programs) which contribute particularly to meeting the special educational needs of educationally deprived children.
8. lappuse - Federal funds paid to the applicant under this section; and (4) provides for making such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Commissioner may require to carry out his functions under this title, and for keeping such records and for affording such access thereto as the Commissioner may find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports.
17. lappuse - Council, be entitled to receive compensation at rates fixed by the Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, including travel time; and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business, they may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons in Government service employed intermittently.
8. lappuse - Secretary, shall be entitled to receive compensation at rates fixed by the Secretary, but not exceeding $100 per day, Including travel time, and while so serving away from their homes or regular places of business they may be allowed travel expenses, Including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by section 5 of the Administrative Expenses Act of 1946 (5 USC 73b-2) for persons In the Government service employed Intermittently.