Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
78 STAT accordance action activities alleged amended application appointed appropriate assistance attendance Attorney authority carry cause Chairman charge chief judge circuit civil action Civil Rights Act color commerce Commission committee complaint Congress Constitution contempt copy court criminal deemed deprive designate discrimination district district court duty educational effective election employ employer employment agency engaged equal establishment evidence executive fact Federal filed finding further grant hear and determine hearing House imprisoned individual institution issue jurisdiction labor organization limited matter means ment national origin necessary operations opportunity otherwise party period person political possession President prevent proceeding pursuant qualified race reasonable receive record refuse regulation relating relief religion Representatives request respect rules secured Senate serve Service session subpena subsection term testimony thereof tion United unlawful employment practice vote witnesses writing
31. lappuse - ... (2) to limit, segregate, or classify its membership, or to classify or fail or refuse to refer for employment any individual, in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities, or would limit such employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee or as an applicant for employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or (3) to cause or attempt to cause an employer to discriminate...
27. lappuse - ... the District Court of the United States for the District of Columbia, within the jurisdiction of which the inquiry is carried on or within the jurisdiction of which said person guilty of contumacy or refusal to obey is found or resides or transacts business, upon...
4. lappuse - Board shall have jurisdiction to issue to such person an order requiring such person to appear before the Board, its member, agent, or agency, there to produce evidence if so ordered, or there to give testimony touching the matter under investigation or in question; and any failure to obey such order of the court may be punished by said court as a contempt thereof.
9. lappuse - ... shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than one year or a fine of not more than $1,000, or both.
31. lappuse - ... bona fide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal operation of that particular business or enterprise.
28. lappuse - ... by any other means authorized by law: Provided, however, That no such action shall be taken until the department or agency concerned has advised the appropriate person or persons of the failure to comply with the requirement and has determined that compliance cannot be secured by voluntary means.
18. lappuse - All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.
27. lappuse - Compliance with any requirement adopted pursuant to this section may be effected (1) by the termination of or refusal to grant or to continue assistance under such program or activity to any recipient as to whom there has been an express finding on the record, after opportunity for hearing, of a failure to comply with such requirement, but such termination or refusal shall...
4. lappuse - The Commission, or on the authorization of the Commission any subcommittee of two or more members, at least one of whom shall be of each major political party, may, for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act, hold such hearings and act at such times and places as the Commission or such authorized subcommittee may deem advisable.