Tennessee Valley Authority: Hearings Before the Committee on Public Works, House of Representatives, Eighty-sixth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 3460 and H.R. 3461, to Amend the Tennessee Valley Authority Act of 1933, as Amended, and for Other Purposes, March 10 and 11, 1959
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1959 - 248 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional agencies agreement Alabama Power amendment amount appear appropriations Association believe bill Board BRANCH capacity Chairman Chamber of Commerce coal committee concerned Congress congressional construction continue contracts cooperatives corporation cost counties CRAMER customers Davis effect electric existing expansion facilities fact Federal Government financing follows funds further future Georgia give going hearings House increase industry interest investment issue JONES language legislation limitation Mack McCARTHY ment million Mississippi municipalities needs obligation operations paid percent period permit plants possible Power Co present president properties proposed purchase question rates reason record region represent revenue bonds River rural Senator served service area statement supply Tennessee Valley Authority territory Thank tion Treasury TVA power TVA's United utility Vinson WESSENAUER
236. lappuse - Chairman and members of the committee, my name is Clyde T. Ellis. I am general manager of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, which is the national service organization of 94 percent of the rural electric systems operating in 46 States.
218. lappuse - The Corporation is authorized to enter into binding covenants with the holders of said bonds and with the trustee, if any under any indenture, resolution, or other agreement entered into in connection with the issuance thereof (any such agreement being hereinafter referred to as a "bond contract") with respect to the establishment of reserve funds and other funds, adequacy of charges...
100. lappuse - Shall have power to construct such dams, and reservoirs, in the Tennessee River and its tributaries, as in conjunction with Wilson Dam, and Norris, Wheeler, and Pickwick Landing Dams, now under construction, will provide a nine-foot channel in the said river and maintain a water supply for the same, from Knoxville to its mouth...
227. lappuse - No such bonds shall be issued or sold, nor shall the proceeds thereof be used, except as necessary for such of the foregoing purposes as may be approved by the Congress in connection with its consideration of the Corporation's budget programs transmitted by the President pursuant to the provisions of the Government Corporation Control Act, as amended (31 USC...
97. lappuse - I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
7. lappuse - This policy is further declared to be that the projects herein provided for shall be considered primarily as for the benefit of the people of the section as a whole and particularly the domestic and rural consumers to whom the power can economically be made available...
149. lappuse - The initial areas selected by the Authority may be roughly described as (a) the region immediately proximate to the route of the transmission line soon to be constructed by the Authority between Muscle Shoals and the site of Norris Dam...
42. lappuse - We will recess at this time until 2 o'clock this afternoon. (Whereupon, at 12 : 20 pm the hearing was recessed until 2 pm of the same day.) AFTERNOON SESSION The CHAIRMAN.
194. lappuse - THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA Mr. BAILEY. Mr. Chairman and gentlemen of the committee, for the purpose of the record, I am Congressman Cleveland M. Bailey of the Third West Virginia District.
218. lappuse - ... bond contract") with respect to the establishment of reserve funds and other funds, provisions for insurance, charges for supply of power, application and use of net power proceeds, restrictions upon the subsequent issuance of bonds or the execution of leases or lease-purchase agreements relating to power properties, and such other matters, not inconsistent with this Act, as the Corporation may deem necessary or desirable to enhance the marketability of said bonds.