The Federal Reporter, 273. sējums
Includes cases argued and determined in the District Courts of the United States and, Mar./May 1880-Oct./Nov. 1912, the Circuit Courts of the United States; Sept./Dec. 1891-Sept./Nov. 1924, the Circuit Courts of Appeals of the United States; Aug./Oct. 1911-Jan./Feb. 1914, the Commerce Court of the United States; Sept./Oct. 1919-Sept./Nov. 1924, the Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action Affirmed agent alleged amended amount appeal appellee application assignment authority bank bill bonds brought cause charge charter Circuit Circuit Judge City claim coal Comp Company Constitution contract corporation counsel count damages decision decree defendant determine Digests & Indexes directed District Court District Judge duty effect entered entitled equity error established evidence fact federal filed follows further given granted held hold interest issued Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Key-Numbered Digests land libelant limited loading March matter meaning motion necessary officers operation opinion owner paid party patent payment person plaintiff police present proceedings purchase question railroad reason received record referred rule ship statute suit tion topic & KEY-NUMBER trial Trust United vessel York
289. lappuse - ... (the act of God, the Queen's enemies, fire, and all and every other dangers and accidents of the seas, rivers, and navigation of whatever nature and kind soever excepted) unto , or assigns, he or they paying freight for the said goods , with primage, and average accustomed.
6. lappuse - Persons who not only have an interest in the controversy, but an interest of such a nature that a final decree cannot be made without either affecting that interest, or leaving the controversy in such a condition that its final termination may be wholly inconsistent with equity and good conscience.
783. lappuse - That carriers while under federal control shall be subject to all laws and liabilities as common carriers, whether arising under State or federal laws or at common law, except in so far as may be inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other Act applicable to such federal control or with any order of the President.
109. lappuse - Unless otherwise agreed, delivery of the goods and payment of the price are concurrent conditions; that is to say, the seller must be ready and willing to give possession of the goods...
755. lappuse - Where the means of knowledge are at hand and equally available to both parties, and the subject of purchase is alike open to their inspection, if the purchaser does not avail himself of these means and opportunities, he will not be heard to say that he has been deceived by the vendor's misrepresentations.
76. lappuse - ... so as to enable the Court to pronounce a final judgment in the same action, both on the original and on the cross claim.
375. lappuse - Act to' recover damages for personal injuries to an employee, or where such injuries have resulted in his death, the fact that the employee may have been guilty of contributory negligence shall not bar a recovery, but the damages shall be diminished by the jury in proportion to the amount of negligence attributable to such employee...
192. lappuse - Act, and all the provisions of this Act shall be liberally construed to the end that the use of intoxicating liquor as a beverage may be prevented.
783. lappuse - Actions at law or suits in equity may be brought by and against such carriers and judgments rendered as now provided by law ; and in any action at law or suit in equity against the carrier, no defense shall be made thereto upon the ground that the carrier is an instrumentality or agency of the Federal Government.
480. lappuse - If the contract to sell requires the seller to deliver the goods to the buyer, or at a particular place, or to pay the freight or cost of transportation to the buyer, or to a particular place, the property does not pass until the goods have been delivered to the buyer or reached the place agreed upon.