Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acid advantage allowed apparatus appears applied become bottom called carried cause close colour common consequence considerable consists construction containing continued copper County covered cylinder described diameter direction drawing edge effect employed engine equal experiments fall feet fire fixed force four give given glass gold grain greater half heat holes improvements inches increase invention iron Journal kind known length less lime lower machine manner manufacture matter means metal method mode motion nature nearly necessary object observed obtained operation pass patent piece pipe placed plate portion prepared present pressure produced quantity raised received remain removed render round side steam stone substance sufficient surface taken thick tion tube turned upper usual vessel washed weight wheel whole wood York
332. lappuse - That any person or persons having discovered or invented any new and useful art, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement on any art, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter...
376. lappuse - I do hereby declare this to be my specification of the same; and that I do verily believe this my said specification doth comply, in all respects, fully, and without reserve or disguise, with the proviso in the said hereinbefore in part recited letters patent contained.
278. lappuse - ... to the author of any important discovery or useful improvement in light or in heat, which shall have been made and published by printing, or in any way made known to the public, in any part of the continent of America, or any of the American islands ; preference being always given to such discoveries as shall, in the opinion of the Academy, tend most to promote the good of mankind...
105. lappuse - They shall call the people unto the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness: for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand.
114. lappuse - Buchanan that the same quantity of human labour employed in working a pump, turning a winch, ringing a bell, and rowing a boat, are as the numbers 100, 167, 227, and 248. The most advantageous manner of applying human strength is in the act of rowing.
104. lappuse - The painting should be very highly finished; otherwise, when varnished, 'the tints will not appear united. " When the painting is quite dry, with rather a hard brush, passing it one way. varnish it with white wax, which is put into an earthen...
68. lappuse - Esq. in consequence of a communication made to him by a certain foreigner residing abroad, for an invention of certain improvements in machinery for the purpose of spinning wool, cotton and other fibrous substances.
377. lappuse - Derosne, do hereby describe the manner in which the said invention is to be performed, by the following description thereof, (that is to say...
335. lappuse - And it is hereby enacted and declared, that simply changing the form or the proportions of any machine, or composition of matter, in any degree, shall not be deemed a discovery.
333. lappuse - ... in such full, clear, and exact terms, as to distinguish the same from all other things before known, and to enable any person skilled in the art or science, of which it is a branch, or with which it is most nearly connected, to make, compound, and use the same.