Congressional Serial Set, 4049. izdevums
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1901
Reports, Documents, and Journals of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acres action agent allowed American citizens amount appears appointed asked attorney August authorities award bill Britain British called charge chiefs citizens claim claimants colonial commission commissioners Committee on Foreign communication compensation Congress consideration considered consul copy court December defendant Department directed duties evidence examination expenses facts February Foreign Relations further given Government governor grant Habana hand honor House Inclosure instructions interest island issued January July June Lake land letter loss MacCord March matter ment mill minister months natives October opinion owners paid parties payment persons petition plaintiff present President prisoner proceedings proper purchased question reason received recommend referred regard reply Representatives request respect Sanguily Secretary Senate September session ship Spain Spanish statement submitted taken tion treaty trial United vessel Webster Zealand
122. lappuse - Her Majesty the Queen of England confirms and guarantees to the Chiefs and Tribes of New Zealand and to the respective families and individuals thereof the full exclusive and undisturbed possession of their Lands and Estates Forests Fisheries and other properties which they may collectively or individually possess so long as it is their wish and desire to retain the same in their possession...
359. lappuse - The United States and Spain mutually relinquish all claims for indemnity, national and individual, of every kind, of either government, or of its citizens or subjects, against the other government, that may have arisen since the beginning of the late insurrection in Cuba and prior to the exchange of ratifications of the present treaty, including all claims for indemnity for the cost of the war. The United States will adjudicate and settle the claims of its citizens against Spain relinquished in this...
14. lappuse - Zealand, and to the respective families and individuals thereof, the full, exclusive, and undisturbed possession of their Lands and Estates, Forests, Fisheries and other properties which they may collectively or individually possess, so long as it is their wish and desire to retain the same in their possession; but the Chiefs of the United Tribes and the Individual Chiefs yield to Her Majesty the exclusive right of Pre-emption over such Lands as the proprietors thereof may be disposed to alienate...
532. lappuse - The United States will cause satisfaction to be made for the injuries, if any, which, by process of law, shall be established to have been suffered by the Spanish officers, and individual Spanish inhabitants, by the late operations of the American army in Florida.
507. lappuse - Merchandizes; and if any thing be taken from them, or any Injury be done them within that Term by either Party or the People or Subjects of either, full Satisfaction shall be made for the same.
27. lappuse - Parties agree to consider the result of the proceedings of this commission as a full, perfect and final settlement of every claim upon either government arising out of any transaction of a date prior to the exchange of the ratifications of the present Convention...
512. lappuse - ... hindered from returning out of the said ports or roads, but may remove and depart when and whither they please, without any let or hindrance.
500. lappuse - Resolved: That a ship or a vessel on the high seas, in time of peace, engaged in a lawful voyage, is, according to the laws of nations, under the exclusive jurisdiction of the State to which her flag belongs ; as much so as if constituting a part of its own domain.
437. lappuse - ... has read the foregoing petition and knows the contents thereof; that the same is true of his own knowledge, except as to matters therein stated to be alleged upon information and belief, and that as to those matters he believes it to be true.
251. lappuse - And in all cases of seizure, detention, or arrest, for debts contracted or offences committed by any citizen or subject of the one party, within the jurisdiction of the other, the same shall be made and prosecuted by order and authority of law only, and according to the regular course of proceedings usual in such cases.