Public Works Appropriations for 1956: Hearings Before the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Eighty-fourth Congress, First Session. Eastern Section, 1-2. daļas
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1955
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional amount Appropriations approved approximately authorized basin Beach benefits BOLAND bridge budget build carried Chairman channel Colonel ALLEN commerce committee completed Congress Congressman consideration construction continue contribution Corps of Engineers cost County Creek damage depth district dredging economic entire estimated existing facilities fact Federal Federal Government feet figure fiscal year 1956 flood control follows funds give going Harbor hear important improvement increase industrial interests Kentucky KIRWAN Lake land levee located lock and dam lower maintenance MARSHALL Michigan miles million Mississippi navigation necessary Ohio River operation percent PERSON planning plant port present problem railroad recommended record REPRESENTATIVE requested Reservoir result River Senator ship South statement steel survey TABER Thank tion tons traffic United Valley waterway
116. lappuse - State as the responsible agency for providing without cost to the United States all lands, easements and rights-of-way necessary for the construction of the project.
137. lappuse - The CHAIRMAN. The committee will come to order. We are very pleased this morning to have the Secretary of the Treasury, Mr.
101. lappuse - Maine New Hampshire Vermont Massachusetts Rhode Island Connecticut New York New Jersey Pennsylvania Delaware Maryland District of Columbia Virginia West Virginia North Carolina South Carolina Georgia...
1. lappuse - Congress), shall apply to all works authorized in this title except that for any channel improvement or channel rectification project, provisions (a), (b), and (c) of section 3 of said Act of June 22, 1936, shall apply thereto, and except as otherwise provided by law: Provided...
144. lappuse - I would like to thank you and the members of your committee for the opportunity to appear here today.
78. lappuse - Pond, subject to the provisions that local interests furnish free of cost to the United States all lands, easements, and rights-of-way and spoil-disposal areas for the initial work and for subsequent maintenance as required...
2. lappuse - In those projects where the topography is precipitous, or where the topography is unusually flat, and where such discretionary action is desirable, fee title may be acquired to those lands which are included in the 5-year flood frequency rather than 300 feet horizontally.